OPEN SKY AND OTHER SYSTEMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

brey1234

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Given all of these concerns, coupled with a number of study cases where the introduction of non-P25 digital systems have been installed with significant negative impact on interoperability, the National Public Safety Telecommunications Council’s (NPSTC) Interoperability Committee is examining this issue in detail through its Emerging Digital Radio Technologies (EDRT) Working Group. The working group will release a white paper later this year, with the current findings being that the introduction of non-P25 digital technology almost always results in a significant reduction in interoperability. The solution is beginning to focus on the need for all handsets and all infrastructure to include 12.5-kilohertz analog, in addition to any other technology mode, to properly support interoperability

Radio Resource Magazine: OnlyOnline

DisasterGuy

Not aware of any radio that doesn't support analog. As for OpenSky, just about every OpenSky radio also supports P25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Not aware of any radio that doesn't support analog. As for OpenSky, just about every OpenSky radio also supports P25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Motorola SL-7550 only does DMR, no analogue.

People make 'interoperability' much harder than it needs to be... It is not a technology, it is an ATTITUDE!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
People make 'interoperability' much harder than it needs to be... It is not a technology, it is an ATTITUDE!

Well said. Interoperability is easy. People always seem to forget that almost every radio made will do analog and patches can be put in place to solve frequency issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.