Request frequency file for my area

Status
Not open for further replies.

php111

Hey, I just got the BCD396XT scanner, but I don't have the cable to connect the scanner to my computer and I do not know when I will be able to get the cable so without the cable any software will not be possible and I do not want to wait to use it so therefore the option is program the scanner manually which I do not know how.

So, here are a few questions.

1.) How do I program the BCD396XT manually?

2.) I live in Bethlehem, PA, it's the Lehigh Valley. May I please request someone to kindly please send me a frequency file for my area?

I really appreciate it for all help, and thank you!

php111

Question #1 has been answered, but could someone please answer question #2? Thank you! :)

php111

The scanner came with a cable, but does it look like I could connect it to my computer based on this images from Google?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 284

soberbyker

Premium Subscriber

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Question #1 has been answered, but could someone please answer question #2? Thank you! :)

Bethlehem City has it's own P25 Phase 1 digital system. That info can be found here Bethlehem Public Safety Trunking System, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies

You'll need a cable adapter to program via computer. Amazon.com: TRENDnet USB 2.0 to RS-232 DB9 Serial Converter, TU-S9: Electronics

or

Amazon.com: Uniden USB-1 Scanner Radio PC Interface Cable: Computers & Accessories

The later is more expensive. I would go with the first. I use that setup all the time.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Cable for 396xt

If you decide to get the converter, be aware that it may work with one computer but not another. I have been using three different ones for awhile, and sometimes they work on one computer but not another. I believe some of the problems come from different chipsets on the motherboard. The USB cable for your scanner works on every computer I have tried (about 8 different brands).

php111

If you decide to get the converter, be aware that it may work with one computer but not another. I have been using three different ones for awhile, and sometimes they work on one computer but not another. I believe some of the problems come from different chipsets on the motherboard. The USB cable for your scanner works on every computer I have tried (about 8 different brands).

That is fine for me because I would only be using this on one computer.

php111

Bethlehem City has it's own P25 Phase 1 digital system. That info can be found here Bethlehem Public Safety Trunking System, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania - Scanner Frequencies

You'll need a cable adapter to program via computer. Amazon.com: TRENDnet USB 2.0 to RS-232 DB9 Serial Converter, TU-S9: Electronics

or

Amazon.com: Uniden USB-1 Scanner Radio PC Interface Cable: Computers & Accessories

The later is more expensive. I would go with the first. I use that setup all the time.

I bought the first one and it was delivered yesterday and I used FreeSCAN, and I was able to program it.

Thank you everyone!!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.