Chester County P25 System

Status
Not open for further replies.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Looks like there is a control channel on the air in the West Chester area for the new TRS:

SysID: 00A
WACN: 92466
Site RFSSID: 010
Site ID: 010
Site NAC: 010

This frequency is part of the current pool for the Multinet system and was in the proposed pool for the new East/Central group of sites on the P25 system.

Septa3371CSX1

Looks like there is a control channel on the air in the West Chester area for the new TRS:

SysID: 00A
WACN: 92466
Site RFSSID: 010
Site ID: 010
Site NAC: 010

This frequency is part of the current pool for the Multinet system and was in the proposed pool for the new East/Central group of sites on the P25 system.

Believe this was discussed before but is this going to be Phase I or Phase II?

Septa3371CSX1

Any reasoning behind the system being 800 for East/Central and 700 for West?

Looks like Chesco will be on their new P25 system around the same time Bucks goes on theirs. With Montco scheduled to make the switch in the next couple years soon Delco will be the only one of the five county Philadelphia region to not have a 700/800 P25 Phase II capable trunk system. I know Delco eventually plans to go to 700 (only because of the need to move off T Band) but that's a discussion for another thread and another day.

phillydjdan

And when all this happens, I'll be ahead of the game! :)

I'm glad I'll be able to hear Chester County once again.

As you said, the only County that won't be in my APX-7000 is Delco...

mlmummert

And when all this happens, I'll be ahead of the game! :)

I'm glad I'll be able to hear Chester County once again.

As you said, the only County that won't be in my APX-7000 is Delco...

You'll hear them assuming it's not all encrypted. I doubt fire would be but we can't be sure can we?

phillydjdan

If I were a bettin man I'd put my money on fire being in the clear (which is all I really care about) and police being encrypted. Like Camden County NJ did.

mlmummert

If I were a bettin man I'd put my money on fire being in the clear (which is all I really care about) and police being encrypted. Like Camden County NJ did.

Even though I don't like police communications being wholly encrypted, you're probably right. It's the direction a lot of places are moving in.

mlmummert

Btw what is involved with programming these P25 systems into a radio without having the radio affiliate or interfere with the system being monitored at all? I believe you said you can do this programming.

phillydjdan

It involves programming the system into the radio, but having the radio scan the talkgroups from a conventional channel using scan lists. I also, when possible disable TX completely using the TX Inhibit function. As long as you sit on that conventional channel, it will not affiliate. On portable radios you hide the trunked talkgroups into channels 17, 18, 19, etc (the radio only has a 16 channel knob, so you can't switch to channels 17 and so on). On a mobile it's more complicated. It involves adding a bunch of blank channels that say something like STOP on the display. Those ones you have to be very careful with.

mattl3320

Premium Subscriber
I hope the new system has some old p-25 channels to so I can still listen in until I get my new radio. will the analog channels still be used and what about interops ect. as far the police going enc I really don't care about that. I haven't been able to listen to state police for a couple of years now. and if local goes that way it wont bother me that much would still like to listen but it depends on what they do I would prefer they only enc the swat and tac channels and leave dispatch ect open in Philadelphia they enc fire and ems hope they don't do that here. well all have to wait and see what they do what new radios for p-25 phase 2 do u guys have I haven't made up my mine on what radio to go with. man a lot has changed in listen in this area since 1996. Hope they stay with this system for a long time.

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
Wondering where you heard that from. I have heard that we will not be going trunked anytime soon. And if we do ever go 800mhz it will be conventional however considering certain powers that be in the county our current system ain't going anywhere for a long long time.

Save room in your APX because Delco will (eventually) be using it. I don't have the exact time frame, but my info is from a prominent administrator directly involved.

phillydjdan

Heh, conventional 800 MHz when trunking would give you twice the capacity. Yeah, sounds like something they would do. Eventually the donkey in charge will be outta there and someone can step in with 2 brain cells...

CommJunkie

I really do not see the county going off the current system until they have no choice. The system works why fix it. Ever wonder why septa pd is conventional when Phila pd and Septa themselves are trunking systems it's cause analog works plain and simple.

The FCC is requiring all users of the T-Band system (470-512 mhz) vacate those frequencies by 2023. Delco will have no choice but to change systems, and there is a movement to make 769-820ish mhz a public safety-only band. That's where the FCC wants emergency services to move to.

It's not just Delco. Boston, LA, DC, and other cities that use those frequencies will have to vacate them too.

captaincab

monitoring delco pa with gre psr300 pro2053 and b
I am well aware but it will be 2021 before Delaware county even thinks about it imo. I may be wrong and if i am i will admit it but i have not heard anything and i hear a lot lol.

The FCC is requiring all users of the T-Band system (470-512 mhz) vacate those frequencies by 2023. Delco will have no choice but to change systems, and there is a movement to make 769-820ish mhz a public safety-only band. That's where the FCC wants emergency services to move to.

It's not just Delco. Boston, LA, DC, and other cities that use those frequencies will have to vacate them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.