Status
Not open for further replies.

captclint

Mentor
Last edited:

N3XPX

Thanks

Thanks Clint,

I've been scanning all the Zones but didn't hear any Fairview nor Wright Township traffic.

Now I'll leave the scanner on Zone C and will probably hear it.

Kevin

N3XPX

Standard Repeater Offset ?

Clint and others,

I'm listening to Luzerne County Zone C on 151.37 . . . that's the repeater output.

For fun, I'd like to listen to the Input - does anyone know the input freq ?

I assume the offset (between input and output) is standard . . . if so what's the standard offset ?
Once I know that I could figure this out myself next time.

Thanks,

Kevin

captclint

Mentor
I'm listening to Luzerne County Zone C on 151.37 . . . that's the repeater output.For fun, I'd like to listen to the Input -
There is no standard offset for VHF repeaters. In the database for Luzerne, click on the drop-down just under the map to show input frequencies. You will see it listed there.

N3XPX

Fairview PD in Mountaintop, PA 18707

Hi Clint and others,

I'm replying to this very old thread as it provides useful background info.

The Fairview PD can be heard on the open analog county frequencies, but only once per shift when they check in.
They must have a different system for the rest of their police traffic - but I can't find it in the RR database.

I assume it is digital and/or trunked - but would like to know if it is encrypted.

My son and I may invest in a Uniden BCD536HP but that would be a waste of money if our local PD is encrypted.

How can I find out if the Fairview PD in Mountaintop, PA is encrypted ?

Thank you,

Kevin

Last edited:

captclint

Mentor
I am fairly sure Fairview (32) does not have a separate frequency/system. Now that you mention it, their traffic is very low on Zone C, but they have a smaller coverage area than Wright, and usually only one officer on duty. Wright has a local freq, and you can sometimes hear them say "switch to local". We should hear the same thing for Fairview if they did indeed have another channel. If they had a base station like Wright, and/or more than one officer on duty to talk to, it might make sense to have one, but they don't have either.

Last edited:

N3XPX

Clint,

Thank you for the reply.

Let me know if you'd like to meet for coffee sometime, since we live in the same town.

Kevin Carpenter

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Clint is correct as always. No encryption in use in the County. The only departments not one any of the County Zones are Hazleton, Kingston, and Wilkes Barre. All three still on thier own individual channels. Well the Sheriff Department is on their own as well.

I'm not 100% sure if Fairview or Wright have any local channels but all dispatch and ops are still in the clear on Zone C. Neither department is very busy though so you may go long periods of time without hearing any calls for them.

KC3ECJ

Whats something is in Lackawanna County, apparently Blakely, has an encrpyted DMR talk around simplex channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.