Dauphin Co programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gibersop

Hello! I have been trying to figure out the proper programming for the Dauphin Co system. However, everything I do does not seem to work. I have a bcd396xt and am using freescan for the programming. I am also using the RR Database for the data. The transmissions received are very intermittent and broken. I have full reception on the display screen. The transmissions are clear, I just never copy a full conversation. I have tried to play with the delay setting and other setting I have found online but nothing seems to fix it. I have noticed that when I download the system into freescan it comes over as a motorola system. When it transfers to scanner it is saved at a generic p25 system. I have Lancaster programmed into the scanner with no problems. Is there any that can help SOS!

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
It called simulcast distortion. Try using attenuation or aiming antenna to a particular tower site.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
make sure you are receiving only one control channel. If you have more than one control channel enabled you will miss conversations just like you are describing.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Multiple people have brought up reception issues for Dauphin over the years. I know that when I am out there, I can receive great in some locations and have pretty much zero successful audio in other areas, despite a good signal strength indication.

Status
Not open for further replies.