Chester County Fire Dispatch - near Ft Meade MD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

troymail

Silent Key
Sitting here in Odenton Maryland this morning searching 160-162 Mhz for railroad activity since I'm near a train station .... shocked when I heard a tone out and voice alert for fire/ems into Salisbury Township... shocked because of the frequency but then also since there are no townships near here...

Quick check says Lehigh, Lancaster and Chester County have a Salisbury Twp but I find Chester Fire dispatches on 160.185...

Wow.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Chester's fire dispatch is quite powerful; I used to hear them when I lived in Glen Burnie with my antennas in the attic of my condo (I was on the third floor). In fact you could make the case that it's way overpowered.

Mike

One13Truck

Feed Provider
Re:

I'm not surprised. When traveling I can pick up Chester in a lot of areas in the eastern part of the state. Heck. Until a few years ago when the weather was right at night (maybe during the day too but I'd be at work) I'd be able to get them clearer than neighboring counties around me. According to Google I'm 1 hour & 58 minutes or 123 miles from the Chester Comm Center.

Those were the days. I'm not sure if it's a reduction in transmitter juice, narrow banding, the frequency changes, or what. I miss being able to pull in those distant counties I can no longer get. Of course now in my little dead spot in NEPa I can barely get the surrounding counties and at least half of the in county Fire & PD channels much less have any hopes of hearing Chester, Lycoming, Lehigh, and Berks like I used to be able to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.