The RadioReference.com Forums

The RadioReference.com Forums (https://forums.radioreference.com/)
-   Pennsylvania Radio Discussion Forum (https://forums.radioreference.com/pennsylvania-radio-discussion-forum/)
-   -   Encryption editorial (https://forums.radioreference.com/pennsylvania-radio-discussion-forum/356120-encryption-editorial.html)

radio3353 07-30-2017 3:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kd7kdc (Post 2797683)
...We can choose not to fund their new state of the art radio systems...

Explain that one, please

TDR-94 07-30-2017 4:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newsnick175 (Post 2797832)
Constitutional and Civil Rights, use them or loose them.

As long as your using those rights and privileges afforded to you, in the right context and not using them to instigate.

KK4JUG 07-30-2017 4:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kd7kdc (Post 2797683)
We can vote the _____'s out of office if they choose to encrypt. We can choose not to fund their new state of the art radio systems. We do have options.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone that votes for or against someone based solely on encryption shouldn't be voting.

And, like others, please explain how we can choose not to fund the radio systems. No one's ever asked me about it.

kd7kdc 07-30-2017 4:23 PM

Im surprised that I would have to explain this concept of exercising your American right to vote and control your government.

kd7kdc 07-30-2017 4:28 PM

Maybe you're just a leftist and want to live in a orwellian society.

KK4JUG 07-30-2017 4:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kd7kdc (Post 2797867)
Maybe you're just a leftist and want to live in a orwellian society.

That's kind of low, isn't it?

kd7kdc 07-30-2017 5:10 PM

Nope

royldean 07-30-2017 5:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KK4JUG (Post 2797860)
Anyone that votes for or against someone based solely on encryption shouldn't be voting.

No offense, but it's our right to vote for whomever we want based on ANY specific issue. That's what makes the United States great. Suggesting that somebody who votes based on a niche issue alone is not worthy of voting to begin with is elitist at best, and tyrannical at worst.

KK4JUG 07-30-2017 7:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royldean (Post 2797878)
No offense, but it's our right to vote for whomever we want based on ANY specific issue. That's what makes the United States great. Suggesting that somebody who votes based on a niche issue alone is not worthy of voting to begin with is elitist at best, and tyrannical at worst.

I'm sorry. How could I compare encryption to issues like crime, education, medical, retirement?

Maybe I should change my criteria to things like who wears the coolest ties, who has the best looking wife and, yes, encryption.

kd7kdc 07-30-2017 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KK4JUG (Post 2797942)
Maybe I should change my criteria to things like who wears the coolest ties, who has the best looking wife and, yes, encryption.

I think you may be on to something!

royldean 07-31-2017 8:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KK4JUG (Post 2797942)

Some people vote based on the color of somebody's skin, or what's between their legs. So yeah, ties, beauty, whatever you want. You can always move to Venezuela if you don't like it.

MikeOxlong 07-31-2017 9:06 AM

Looks like this thread has devolved into a political debate.

If you wish to continue, you can start a new thread in the Political forum.