Philly Fire "south analog" channel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ki1022

Premium Subscriber
Sometimes when monitoring Philly FD I'll hear them say to switch over to "south analog". I thought that would be "South Fireground 851.71250" as listed in the database but I never hear anything on it. Anyone know what channel this is?

radio3353

Fireground channels are not sent through the repeater. They are local only (portable radios.) So, if you are not at the fire scene, you are not likely to hear them.

As for "south analog", maybe an older VHF days term used by some old-timers?

ki1022

Premium Subscriber
To clarify, ive tried listening a couple times when near the fire scene, well within 'talk-around' range. Im just not sure im listening for the right chan. Dont hear anything even when scanning all 3 fireground chans on CSQ.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Only once have I ever heard comms on one of the fireground simplex channels. I was downtown and up about 4 stories. The crews were working a few blocks away. That was 852.225 with a PL of 186.2 I have it tagged as "North/South fireground secondary". The other two I have in the rotation are: 851.075 (North) and 851.7125 (South) and those have always been quiet for me (caveat, I am rarely close enough to a scene in the city to hear anything anyway).

phillydjdan

I have heard activity on North and South. A couple weeks ago I was out in the city and was picking up whagt appeared to be a couple medic guys using North Analog to chat while inside a nearby hospital (I'm assuming Temple). Also hear North Analog used at a water main break up by Nazareth Hospital once and also at an accident scene on Aramingo Ave. They're used. You just have to be REAL close.

Status
Not open for further replies.