PPL NXDN?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveradio

They been using mobile data terminals more then radios according to most talk with, most of the units have motorola old mobiles in them and everyone tells me they dont even turn the thing on.

Line crews know use 37mhz often still, curious what they were going to do with the VHF build out.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
I have the Carbon, Bucks and Lehigh VHF sites setup in my TRX-1. Mostly nothing at all on NXDN. I did have a hit or two in the last month on the Carbon site.

sibbley

Premium Subscriber
Just had a chance to check my logs from TRX-2.

PP&L Carbon County, 153.4775, TGID 300, NXDN48 RAN 1

This was 02/07/2018, just 2 short hits. Under 2 seconds each. Ran DSD+ for 96 hours in late January, didn't even find CC data. Did check DSD+ after these 2 hits again, no data.

K3MRK

They been using mobile data terminals more then radios according to most talk with, most of the units have motorola old mobiles in them and everyone tells me they dont even turn the thing on.

Line crews know use 37mhz often still, curious what they were going to do with the VHF build out.

The radio company I used to work for was in the process of re-outfitting PPL vehicles with Kenwood NXDN radios when I left about 9 mo ago. Thats all I know. May have been low band or not. Was not my account and I never asked the details.

KC3ECJ

This week I saw a PPL pickup, I think a Ford Ranger, that has a low band antenna on it.

UGI electric repair crews were using UHF LTR during the snow/wind storm this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.