Pottsville Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Anyone have the following for Pottsville fire?
Paging freq
Response/ops freq

Thanks

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Yes Pottsville PA

What freq they get paged on.
What freq they use to talk to dispatch on.

Thanks

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Ok thank you. I was just curious why they use 46.50 for activations instead of 154.070. Curious to why there isn’t just 1 activation channel for the entire county.

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
PFD has been on 46.50 for at least 40 years or more, as far as I can remember. Most FDs were dispatched on low-band way back when. They still use 46.50 for siren tone activations for most departments as well. I am not sure when some transitioned to the 154.070 frequencies, but PFD is not the only one that did not.

WF3J

Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing some Pottsville City dispatches on 154.070 recently from my location. I thought that they used to be on 46.08 for a while. Have not heard anything on 46.50 at all.

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
46.50 is primary fire dispatch. Not sure what you would have heard on 154.070, but it is not PFD. They used 46.08 as a FG channel in the past, prior to the new system. Do you have a PL on 46.50? If so, then take it off and see if that helps. 46.50 is still working.

NobodyS

Schuylkill County is using 154.070 for all fire dispatches. Not sure what you are getting on 46.50 but they pretty much phased that out when they went to the new P25 system which is fully encrypted. The county provides the P25 fire talkgroups to Broadcastify under "Schuylkill County Fire." I rarely hear siren activations on 46.50 but I have not heard any for Pottsville City. Also, most EMS companies have gone to all Alpha paging. Most fire depts use a combination of Alpha and Voice Paging

hosehead88

Premium Subscriber
Schuylkill County is using 154.070 for all fire dispatches. Not sure what you are getting on 46.50 but they pretty much phased that out when they went to the new P25 system which is fully encrypted. The county provides the P25 fire talkgroups to Broadcastify under "Schuylkill County Fire." I rarely hear siren activations on 46.50 but I have not heard any for Pottsville City. Also, most EMS companies have gone to all Alpha paging. Most fire depts use a combination of Alpha and Voice Paging

Sorry, but you are off the mark here. Although 154.070 is being used (and maybe even by PFD), 46.50 is still being used by the PFD. It may be phased out elsewhere (although I know there are others getting tones sent on 46.50), it is not phased out in Pottsville. They seem to be using both. I may not be in the Skook anymore, but I verified my facts.

WF3J

Premium Subscriber
I am sure I am hearing PFD being dispatched on 154.070. I do not question whether or not they might be on 46.50 since I believe I am too far away from them to hear PFD on the frequency. The only time I heard anything on 46.50 was when a western edge SC fire co was being dispatched, and I know they are no longer dispatching those companies off that freq anymore. SC tried to tell us that we, as an out of county company responding into SC, could still reach SC by using 46.50 but that does not work. We have since been advised that they no longer monitor it.

Since we run first due into the Skook from out of DC, we are awaiting the arrival of a SC radio that operates on the new system.

NobodyS

Honestly, this issue comes down to the county not giving out correct information. We were told, as a company, that when the new P25 system was put in place that 46.50 would be phased out and all dispatching would occur on 154.070. I would advise anyone wanting to monitor Schuylkill County to just plug in both 154.070 and 46.50. At our company we don't have any form of communication with the 46.50 frequency anymore in our trucks. We have a few old portables thrown in a storage room that never get touched but that is all we have for 46.50. For mutual aid, I wouldn't try to reach us on 46.50 because at this point it is a lost cause.

WF3J

Premium Subscriber
Just like you guys, we are awaiting the arrival of a dual band radio on both DC and SC so we can talk to each other again on calls. Hopefully it should not be too much longer.

WF3J

Premium Subscriber
Currently listening to PFD on a working fire in the city on the new system, working fire channel Bravo 1. Heard them being dispatched on 154.070.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
One more Pottsville question. Did the entire county along with Pottsville finally get dumped onto the worse of the two numbering systems the County is using now?

Down in my hole up here in Luzerne County I used to get 154.070 come in better than most of the Luzerne County channels but over the decades the signal has gotten weaker and weaker and now it's a rare event that I can catch anything on it so I'm a bit out of the loop on what is going on there lately.

WF3J

Premium Subscriber
I hear most all of the Schuylkill dispatches on 154.070 from my home location in northeastern Dauphin County. I hear Pottsville City companies dispatched all the time as district 68, stations xx (10, 20, 30, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.