Bloomsburg University DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

w3cnw

Hey all, first post in a long time on RadioReference. Maybe you all can help me out.
Bloom U recently (last year) switched to DMR. I want to listen to the activity so I ordered a tier II DMR HT. Basically my question is will I be able to program in the talkgroups so I can monitor or do I need a tier 3 for Trunked systems?
I am aware that it may be encrypted also...

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks and 73 everyone,

- Cam W3CNW

W2SJW

Database Admin
You will not be able to monitor that system with anything other than a modern Uniden/Whistler scanner or an actual Motorola radio (an SDR dongle setup will also work).

No other brands of radio will follow a Cap+ system. You can set up a Cap+ system in a modern XPR portable & not have it affiliate, though.

w3cnw

Can you help me to understand why?
The radio I ordered is a Baofeng (I know) RD-5R that supports Tier II DMR but why won't it be able to decode that system?
Also, what would be the least expensive way (besides a dongle with DSD+) to listen to these guys?

KB3ZI

I am monitoring Bloom U on a whistler ws1098 however I only hear sporadic transmissions...the police not much but Im sure I dont have it set up right..any suggestions

W2SJW

Database Admin
Will the Whistler WS1040 decode capacity plus?

No. The WS1040 won't even decode DMR, only P25. Capacity+ is a proprietary trunking format that operates similarly to LTR, and only Motorola equipment will follow it.

You would need one of the latest Uniden or Whistler units to follow it on a scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.