Re: New Scanners that are coming out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimBobTerp

Re: New Scanners that are coming out.

Hi
I live in Easton,PA and I’m a current owner of Uniden BCD996XT. Now the stuff I montior on my scanner is local police,fire,ems and municipals. Also certain trunking systems like NJSP, City of Bethlehem and City of Allentown and other things. So I would like to update my base model since I heard a lot of things are going to Phase II systems. So can someone tell me a really great Uniden scanner so I can listen to all my local stuff and trunking systems of Phase I & II and all of other things. Thanks

James

PS if you reply post me the URL to the scanner so I can read the info on it and everything.

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
Just go to the Uniden forum and read everything there is about the entire Uniden line up including the newest model the SDS 100- hours of interesting reading on that unit and it has only been out for about a week.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
If you're looking for a Uniden base that is Phase II capable, there are only 3 options. The BCD536HP, the Home Patrol II and the BCD996P2. If you already have a 996XT, my recommendation would be the 996P2 as it would have the least learning curve and most of your current programming files can be directly imorted with minimal fuss.

https://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/BCD996P2

EDIT:

You shouldn't limit yourself to one manufacturer.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
It's not a base unit. But it does P25 Phase II and simulcast.

royldean

So you really think that upgrading with what appears to be a superior portable shouldn't at least be mentioned? To the OP, consider the SDS 100.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber
The OP asked a question with specific parameters. I provided an answer within those parameters. You quoted my answer, making it appear that I had forgotten a radio, which I hadn't. Had you made a post that said something to the effect of "Even though it's not a base, you should consider the SDS100, it's a great radio." it wouldn't receive a response pointing out the fact that it is not a base. The SDS100 may be just what the OP needs, but it isn't what he asked. Whistler or Unication products might be exactly what they need, but again, it's not what they asked.

Status
Not open for further replies.