"Start a Screen"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greyc

What does it mean when an officer, during a traffic stop, says to control to "start a screen"?

Fast1eddie

Never heard of it. When I was working and wanted vehicle and registration info faxed to my station (County simply faxes documents from a touch screen to the station), I would ask for such and such be faxed to my station. Upon returning, I would have a pile for my case file and for incident report references.

That may be it, just a different term in your area.

Why not ask a cop???? Not classified information.

royldean

Could mean "run a 29". IE, check for wants and warrants. The context of the request would really help out. Was it a traffic stop? Did he provide suspect's name/DOB/DL# prior to the request?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Could be referring to a CAD (Computer Aided Dispatch) record. Most departments have make a computer record of every traffic stop, even if the disposition is just a verbal warning. Part of it is for officer safety (if the officer goes missing, knowing last location and individual contacted is very important), and part of it is just good recordkeeping, if the officer or department gets sued for some reason.

radio3353

Could mean "run a 29". IE, check for wants and warrants. The context of the request would really help out. Was it a traffic stop? Did he provide suspect's name/DOB/DL# prior to the request?

The OP stated it was during a traffic stop if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.