DCNR repeater verifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Can anybody out there shed some light on some DCNR repeaters that do not show up in the database?

These ones are regional repeaters for all units:
Bear Run - NE Indiana Co FD06
Long Fellow - E Mifflin Co FD03
Portage - SW Potter Co FD15
Pisgah - NW Bradford FD20
Shrivers - NE Lycoming Co FD20
Black Forest - NW Lycoming Co FD12
Bloss Mtn - S Tioga Co FD16
Quarry - NW Tioga FD16

These ones are local repeaters for the listed state parks:
Lee Hill - Lackawanna SP
Codorus - Codorus SP
Pavia - Blue Knob SP
Paradise - Trough Creek SP
Stake Church - Yellow Creek SP

I did start searching and found some licenses for the Lycoming Co repeaters. But, I was curious if anyone has heard them on the air over the last few years.

While many of the state parks use the OpenSky exclusively, there are some that utilize local VHF repeaters and, apparently, there are more of those now than when they new system was originally rolled out (hence the five mysteries listed above).

No, I do not know what the status of the conventional repeaters will be as DCNR migrates to the P25 TRS. System coverage for the new network is very different than it was with OpenSky and I would imagine that will help drive day to day ops for DCNR after migration. We'll have to wait and see,

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Bear Run - NE Indiana Co FD06 WQWE881 151.385
Long Fellow - E Mifflin Co FD03 WQWE881 151.0925
Portage - SW Potter Co FD15 WQWE881 151.175
Shrivers - NE Lycoming Co FD20 WQWE881 151.175
Black Forest - NW Lycoming Co FD12 WQWE881 151.295
Pisgah - NW Bradford FD20 WQWE881 151.295
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?fccCallsign=WQWE881

Again, no idea if these are or ever were on the air. I am not turning anything definitive up for the two Tioga sites.

druhe

Premium Subscriber
Different name same local

Bear Run / Keal Run also known as Rossiter, (all INDI07) the 151.385 is a District 4 legacy frequency however .

Blue Knob and Pavia are one in the same. Pavia is a small village at the base of Blue Knob Mountain

In District 4, Negro Mountain is now known as Mount Davis

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Supposedly, there is a separate “in park” repeater called Pavia. I am guessing they must have had some coverage issue that prompted them to add that Pavia repeater. Maybe there was a dead spot in the park? I don’t know.

All five of the Park specific repeaters in my first message were supposedly added after the original narrowband and OpenSky migration. The wide area repeaters above also appear to have been added after the original migration, as well. Again, maybe because of poor coverage with the narrowband repeaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.