King of Prussia Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoleyF

Premium Subscriber
As you may have seen from my previous posts, I'm new to scanning and have started using my Pro-97 to pick up some non digital frequencies in Chester County.

I'm wondering if anyone has the frequencies for King of Prussia Mall in I believe, Montgomery County? I think that would be interesting to monitor as there is always something going on there. If anyone has any other recommendations for KOP/Lower Merion Twp, please provide.

Thanks!

Foley

scanjunkie

KOP Mall:
464.6250, PL 218.1 - Maint. & Mgmnt.
464.5750, PL 127.3 - Mgmnt.
461.0375, PL 136.5 - Security (Simplex)
461.8875, PL 241.8 - Security Dispatch
464.3000, PL 123.0 - Mgmnt.

Enjoy!!

FoleyF

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Junkie-

Sorry for the stupid question, but do i just enter the frequencies into Win97. I'm not sure what the PL 218.1 for example means....please let me know.....still learning!

Foley

scanjunkie

FoleyF said:
Thanks Junkie-

Sorry for the stupid question, but do i just enter the frequencies into Win97. I'm not sure what the PL 218.1 for example means....please let me know.....still learning!

Foley
See my PM to you...

The only stupid question is the one not asked...

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
1000 for security. CC3
5000 for housekeeping. CC7
Slot 1 for both.

Trust me, the only interesting traffic was on the security channel...unless you want to know what trashcans need emptying or where kids are barfing.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Oops lol only takes one time , but I'm sure you're not the reason they went encrypted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately, it was. The explanation, as I got it, was that someone came across the video on Youtube and sent it to the director of security. After viewing the video, the director called the person who programs their radios and asked to have the security channels encrypted. Game over. Sometimes, that is all it takes.

I should add that the person who does the programming reads these forums. So, obviously, he is aware that newer scanners can do dmr. He didn't particularly care but, did what his client asked.

Considering the size of the mall and the ease with which encryption is available on dmr, I was surprised when it wasn't implemented from the start. Plymouth Ambulance and East Norriton just up the road both use dmr with full encryption...because they can.

Last edited:

fireguyastro

Premium Subscriber
Well that sux now I need to read a radio and get the encryption code lol

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
Well that sux now I need to read a radio and get the encryption code lol

Doesn't work that way, you can't just read a radio and get the keys, that would be horribly insecure. That is also aside from the legal issues.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Unfortunately, it was. The explanation, as I got it, was that someone came across the video on Youtube and sent it to the director of security. After viewing the video, the director called the person who programs their radios and asked to have the security channels encrypted. Game over. Sometimes, that is all it takes.

I should add that the person who does the programming reads these forums. So, obviously, he is aware that newer scanners can do dmr. He didn't particularly care but, did what his client asked.

Considering the size of the mall and the ease with which encryption is available on dmr, I was surprised when it wasn't implemented from the start. Plymouth Ambulance and East Norriton just up the road both use dmr with full encryption...because they can.
Lower Merion Police & public works as well. However I do not believe I am the reason for them going fully encrypted :)

Status
Not open for further replies.