2011 Ford F-150 install

Status
Not open for further replies.

cfn

My first attempt at posting pictures, so please bear with me. superfreak has set the bar pretty high for building suspense in waiting for an install. I will humbly try to follow in his footsteps.

My blank canvas: Tuxedo Black Ford 2011 F-150 Raptor. 800 miles on her, still have the temporary tags in the back window.

http://forums.radioreference.com/members/cfn-albums-f150-install-picture2777-img-0014.jpg

http://forums.radioreference.com/members/cfn-albums-f150-install-picture2778-img-0015.jpg

http://forums.radioreference.com/members/cfn-albums-f150-install-picture2779-img-0016.jpg

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Craig, I have a 2011 F-150 XLT SCrew 4X4 on order and it will probably be here sometime in May. I am looking forward to seeing what you come up with. One major difference is that you have the "flow-through" center console. My truck will come with a center console, but not the one like yours that goes all the way to the instrument panel. I may take my console out and build something in its place or I may try to fit everything in between the console and the IP.

One neat trick you may nor may not be aware of...There's a way to release the rear seat backs which will allow them to fold down to give you access to the back wall of the cab. There isn't much room back there, but I have seen car stereo amps installed on that back wall. Check Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans for info.

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Sweet looking truck, but would look much better with radios installed though...

AK9R

Super Moderator
sweet truck, how many horses does she have?
We are getting a little off topic here. The OP's truck is a Ford F-150 SVT Raptor. This is a factory-built high performance off-road-capable truck with a long travel suspension, Fox racing shock absorbers, 4.10 gears with an electronic locking rear axle, skid plates, 35" diameter BFGoodrich tires, 6-speed automatic transmission, and a 6.2 liter V-8 that produces 411 HP and 434 lb-ft of torque on 87 octane regular gasoline.

Last edited:

cfn

We are getting a little off topic here. The OP's truck is a Ford F-150 SVT Raptor. This is a factory-built high performance off-road-capable truck with a long travel suspension, Fox racing shock absorbers, 4.10 gears with an electronic locking rear axle, skid plates, 35" diameter BFGoodrich tires, 6-speed automatic transmission, and a 6.2 liter V-8 that produces 411 HP and 434 lb-ft of torque on 87 octane regular gasoline.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Equipment to be installed includes: Uniden BCD996XT, Uniden PRO538W CB, Moto 1225 UHF, Kenwood TM-V71A dual band.

Expect some more pics Tuesday.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
That is a sweeeet looking truck, but I don't see how you're going to install all of them radios with what little room you have! Looking forward to seeing how you do it.

Mike

cfn

Hi,

The Raptor is an awesome truck...I like the Troy Products console for adding radios. This is a link to their site: Consoles - Products . I hope this helps.

Good Luck!

Bill

Wished I had seen this before today. Visited a local custom installer today, Wireless Advanced Communications in Greely, CO. I'm OK with drilling holes in the new truck, just not OK with "me" drilling holes in the new truck. We attempted to mount radios using a similar Havis mount, but the radios sat too tall in the faceplates to allow the console lid to close. The dealer does not carry Troy products. However they were able to fabricate a mount using faceplates from a Canadian company I cannot recall. The radio install still needs some fine tuning work but I think is going to look great when done. Will post pics of that later.

We were able to install antennas; all Larsen with NMO mounts. (L-R) NMO 150/450/800 for the scanner, NMO27B for the CB, NMO 2/70SH for the Kenwood dual band and NMO450HWBCO for the Moto UHF.

Some pics:

cfn-albums-f150-install-picture2789-1photo.jpg

cfn-albums-f150-install-picture2787-photo.jpg

The truck has a channel that runs down the centerline of the cab so we had to mount the NMO27B and NMO 2/70SH on each side of the channel. The channels are too narrow for the NMO mount. Coax was then run down the A pillar, behind the glovebox and into the console.

So much for day one. Will have pics next week of the completed console.

Last edited:

AK9R

Super Moderator
Craig, you say that's a Larsen NMO 2/70SH just to the right of center? I didn't know that antenna was available in all black. Where did you get it?

cfn

Craig, you say that's a Larsen NMO 2/70SH just to the right of center? I didn't know that antenna was available in all black. Where did you get it?

Spray paint. Call me vain, I think it looks better black to match the truck. There were several threads in the antenna forum that discussed painting antennas. Can't remember where I purchased it.

CoolCat

Premium Subscriber
Great looking truck. Antennas came out good, can't wait to see how the interior comes out. :)

I have an '06 F150 STX which I still love, but every time I see a current generation F150 I can't get over how much a few minor changes can make a truck look so much better.

LowbandGuy

Remote Location Maritime Provinces, Canada
Yes, great looking job. The F150 cab roof is not the most antenna friendly roof, do you suppose any Ford Truck engineers follow this forum? Maybe they could recommend an even number of channels on the roof. At least one could line them up the centre if that's what they wanted.

cfn

Took a quick shot of the console today. Don't have power to the radios yet, but you can get an idea how they fit. The lid of the console is to the right and I plan to be able to close the console lid (out of sight, out of mind). Not quite sure what to do with the microphones; right now I'm planning to run them out the bottom of the console between the driver's seat and the console. Stay tuned.

cfn-albums-f150-install-picture2791-4photo.jpg

BonziBuddy

I would of installed them in a configuration like this. But they're black so you wont notice anyway.

Attachments

• raptor.jpg
    raptor.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 20,822

cfn

I would of installed them in a configuration like this. But they're black so you wont notice anyway.

Is there a sunroof on that truck? My truck has one although it isn't obvious in the pictures. The sunroof limited where we could put them and still have adquate separation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.