Finally bought a scanner....

Status
Not open for further replies.

jparks29

John McClane
After about 10 years of NOT having a scanner, and using nothing but commercial equipment (needed to access the agency's systems I was working for), I actually bought a scanner... I no longer need to access commercial/PS systems, so I can just be nosy for now....

I feel dirty.

I'm already trying to get used to the crappy audio.. Nooooooo

I had to re-arrange some stuff.. but it's not too bad....

I'm keeping the 5/8ths wave in the truck for when I need a bit extra range, just jump on the roof and swap the antenna..

2011-06-16143806.jpg

2011-06-16143858.jpg

2011-06-16150836.jpg

2011-06-16143946.jpg

2011-06-16143729.jpg

2011-06-16150709.jpg

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
VERY nice install! Especially the dash insert. :)

n9zas

Tom_G

Nothing compares to the audio on the GE/Ericsson Orions!!!
Those things are fantastic, the best I have ever heard.

Sifter

Who makes the kit that is housing your radio on the top of your dash? Very clean.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Nice install. A feel your pain with BC996XT audio as I've been using all commercial gear for many years also. I have found that a nice Motorola amplified speaker and some audio filtering bring the 996XT audio almost on par with my MCS2000's. Doesn't have the power the moto does but the audio quality can be improved.

62Truck

Ordinary Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
I love how you have the Orion Mounted!! Kick *** install!!

el_pichirulo

Very Nice!! Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that you have one control head and two radios. Very impressed with the top-dash bracket, one question though, Did you notch out the factory plastic for the microphone cable? I love the Orions but those mic connectors suck! Specially for the new M7x00 series. You would think they would redesign it, oh well.

Are your radios mounted under under the back seat or back wall?

Super nice...

jparks29

John McClane
Very Nice!! Correct me if I'm wrong but it seems that you have one control head and two radios. Very impressed with the top-dash bracket, one question though, Did you notch out the factory plastic for the microphone cable? I love the Orions but those mic connectors suck! Specially for the new M7x00 series. You would think they would redesign it, oh well.

Are your radios mounted under under the back seat or back wall?

Super nice...

Yup, dual radio Orion, one CH and two radios.

Top bracket is made by Jotto, vehicle specific, 04-08 only, replaces the factory tray that's up there, no holes to drill or anything.

no need to notch any plastic, slides right in. the mic cable was a little tight, but it fit (you can see it's slightly bent).

as far as where the radios are mounted.... Here's a pic that I took when I was in the middle of the install.. I had to run to Best Buy to grab some parts, and borrowed on of their DSLRs ;)

inter2.jpg

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
Sweet, hopefully Jotto makes that dash panel for the -09+.

What type of mod did you make on your coin-holder? Is it for another mic/cellie?

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Jp I was simply giving you the link to Jotto as the other kind Gentlmen metioned
I suggest looking on their web site Id bet they do more than lap tops

BTW Your welcome

N4ADE

im suprissed you didnt black out the costco or that owl wall sconce. also is that a cvs and maby a chickfila or kfc? i take that back its a panda express i love that place!
nice install though and what do you use the computer screen for?

Dann

Premium Subscriber
Nice setup,I have a 2009 Suzuki Equator (Nissan Frontier) and i cant find any Radio Mounts to for my Install.

kjfswkr

im suprissed you didnt black out the costco or that owl wall sconce. also is that a cvs and maby a chickfila or kfc? i take that back its a panda express i love that place!
nice install though and what do you use the computer screen for?

I was going to say what is with all the top secret, clandestine, covert ops stuff? Nice install

kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.