Yet another HP-1 redo in 05 Tahoe

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
I don’t know about some of you but I will rearrange my setup until I find that perfect configuration. If you remember before I use to have the RH-96 remote head installed. I removed it for now and moved the HP-1 under the GPS. I found I wasn’t using the HP-1 as much as I wanted with 3 scanners in the truck. By removing the BCT-15/RH-96 I am now running the HP-1 full time. This also saves me from updating 3 scanners. I built several favorites listings for the HP-1 depending on where I’m at and when I leave town I let the HP-1 and the Garmin 18x handle all the rest.

Attachments

• IMG_0442.JPG
    IMG_0442.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 3,570
  • IMG_0446.JPG
    IMG_0446.JPG
    153.5 KB · Views: 4,247

gambill1

What kind of holder/mount are you using for your gps. mine is a garmin but a 4.3 in screen? I like the way that mounts instead of puting it on the winshield.

wise871

Database Admin
What kind of holder/mount are you using for your gps. mine is a garmin but a 4.3 in screen? I like the way that mounts instead of puting it on the winshield.

The GPS attachment and vehicle mount are from www.proclipusa.com
You use your current GPS holder. Pick your GPS and vehicle and you should find what your looking for.

1150RT-P

Premium Subscriber
looks fansatic.

few questions

1) can't tell if you've got a line out speaker - are you using the HP speaker?
2) what antenna are you using for the HP?

thanks.

wise871

Database Admin
looks fansatic.

few questions

1) can't tell if you've got a line out speaker - are you using the HP speaker?
2) what antenna are you using for the HP?

thanks.

1. I'm just using the HP-1 speaker. I would have like to used an external speaker like on my 996XT but adding an external speaker to the HP-1 is a pain in the butt. What was Uniden thinking?

2. I'm running a Maxscan 1000-B tri-bander and a Larsen tri-bander. I drilled and installed three NMO mounts.

bgav

Premium Subscriber
Very nice setup. +1 on the ProClips. GPS above the HP-1 makes sense.

bgav

Premium Subscriber
The Garmin GPS is not the one that works with the HP-1. I have a Garmin 18x installed on my dash.

Gotcha. From a usability/reachability/interaction standpoint, the GPS being higher up closer to your line of sight is better imho.

wise871

Database Admin
Thanks. With this setup I can leave my arm on the armrest and reach all of the controls. Plus line of sight is just right and it's not on my windshield for everyone too see, or sun glare.

spyscan

Premium Subscriber
What proclip swivel did u use to mount to the HP 2. I ordered one from them but it doesn’t match up to the Uniden mount bracket.

K7MFC

WRAA720
Looks great! Get yourself a right angle USB cable to clean up the install just a little bit more:

1kZVH3Y.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.