2002 Trailblazer

Status
Not open for further replies.

twjr80

Feed Provider
Here is my setup in my 2002 Chevy Trailblazer. It's used as a daily driver, family trip car, and storm chasing.

Here in the interior. I mounted a Yaesu 7800 remote head above the am/fm stereo on the small ledge right in front of the air vents. The main radio is installed in the old Onstar box which is under the rear passenger seat. I have an home made camera mount that has the HD camcorder and HD webcam. I also have an HD webcam mounted to the rear door.

fuv2ao.jpg

Here is my Cobra 200GTL and RS scanner. Future plans is to install a new stereo and install the scanner right under the stereo.

kxjf7.jpg

Here is the antennas and weather station. I plan on moving away from magnet mounts and get luggage rack mounts. Have a dual band ham, 800MHz, wide band scanner, cb, and mobile internet antennas.

344b33s.jpg

Here is a closer shot of the Davis Vantage Vue weather station and the mount.

111trts.jpg

Here is an overall shot from the front of the vehicle.

jpj15h.jpg

Otto

What? No blinky lights??

Plus, do you drive with the weather station up, or does it fold down while on the highway? I could see that thing get smacked off at the drive thru window.

twjr80

Feed Provider
What? No blinky lights??

Plus, do you drive with the weather station up, or does it fold down while on the highway? I could see that thing get smacked off at the drive thru window.

I do have blinky lights. LOL! There are two controllers mounted that control my 4 bulb hide-away strobe kit and a 4 amber/clear LEd light kit.

Right now, the weather station is up all the time. I never go through drive-thrus anyway because of the antennas. I may come up with a quick disconnect on the mast so i can easily take it off. I'm kind of worried if someone may try taking the unit or vandalising it.

Otto

I may come up with a quick disconnect on the mast so i can easily take it off. I'm kind of worried if someone may try taking the unit or vandalising it.

Probably not a bad idea. In my younger days, that thing would have been a magnet for something not so nice.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Those are a lot of Magnetic antennas...have you ever lost one in high winds?

Think one of thoses NMO holes saw bits are in your future.

Can we watch your web cams while you're storm chasing?

twjr80

Feed Provider
Those are a lot of Magnetic antennas...have you ever lost one in high winds?

Think one of thoses NMO holes saw bits are in your future.

Can we watch your web cams while you're storm chasing?

Never lost one or had one fall over. No NMO holes in my future. I try to mount equipment without drilling any holes. plus, if I did dill holes into the vehicle, my wife would kill me.

Right now, I do not stream. I use to but the high bandwidth got costlier as the service upped their rates.

N5JCJ

Premium Subscriber
Nice setup! I have the exact same radio (Yaesu FT-7800R). Im waiting for it to come from the shop. I also have a 2007 Trailblazer and that's where I'm going mount my remote head.

Jeremy Jones (W5TFD)

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
It looks pretty good,do people ask what that thing (I know its a weather station) is on the roof?

WX4EMT

Premium Subscriber
Pink Floyd = Dark Side of the Moon !! I like you already, being a fellow Texan from Big D just makes it all that much better.

Nice ride! Let's CHASE!

twjr80

Feed Provider
It looks pretty good,do people ask what that thing (I know its a weather station) is on the roof?

Yeah, there has been a few wondering what is is.

Pink Floyd = Dark Side of the Moon !! I like you already, being a fellow Texan from Big D just makes it all that much better.

Nice ride! Let's CHASE!

Pink Floyd FTW! Love the Floyd.

N5JCJ

Premium Subscriber
If you're ever close to the Forney area, I would like to take a look at your truck in person.

Jeremy Jones (W5TFD)

twjr80

Feed Provider
If you're ever close to the Forney area, I would like to take a look at your truck in person.

Jeremy Jones (W5TFD)

Sure thing. I have some good friends who just moved to Forney a few months ago. They got to see their first tornado back on the 3rd. It missed their area by only half a mile.

ScannaMan9

Since I subscribed to this thread, I was alerted that a new post came in. Then I noticed that the 2nd picture had 2 woman doing "Arts and crafts." Was this done purposely?

N5JCJ

Premium Subscriber
Sure thing. I have some good friends who just moved to Forney a few months ago. They got to see their first tornado back on the 3rd. It missed their area by only half a mile.

I've got some really good footage of that twister that I'll show you when we meet up. I would just like to see how you have the 7800r remote head mounted on that little ledge.

Jeremy Jones (W5TFD)

twjr80

Feed Provider
Since I subscribed to this thread, I was alerted that a new post came in. Then I noticed that the 2nd picture had 2 woman doing "Arts and crafts." Was this done purposely?

Yeah, for some weird reason, the public image sharing service decided to hand out the url to another photo, Aaaaand since the admin has turned off editing of one's post, I guess I'll post the correct photo here.
vxnjsz.jpg

twjr80

Feed Provider
I've got some really good footage of that twister that I'll show you when we meet up. I would just like to see how you have the 7800r remote head mounted on that little ledge.

Jeremy Jones (W5TFD)

Cool! To be honest, the remote head is mounted via velcro. I have the remote cable tucked into the little area of the dashboard so it can't be seen.

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Very nicely done.....and thanks for post #17. You'll never know how long I stared at the second photo in the 1st post looking for the radios. LOL

Russell

N5JCJ

Premium Subscriber
Also, is that a PRO-163 scanner I see? Looks like you and I have the exact same equipment...minus the weather station, I'm lacking that.

Jeremy Jones (W5TFD)

Status
Not open for further replies.