2007 Toyota Tacoma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toad_77

Nearly complete, only a few minor things to finish
DSC00490_.jpg

Roof: 2 meter 1/4 wave for APRS, Larsen NMO 2/70B for the V/UHF side of the FT-857
Rear window: re-purposed cell phone antenna & RadioShack scanner antenna
DSC00493.jpg

Uniden RH96 & Yaesu FT-857 remotes up front
DSC00491.jpg

Speakers on the passenger side
2468d1de.jpg

FT-23R, TinyTrak4, & RadioShack 30watt amplifier for APRS, & FT-857 behind the passenger side rear seat
DSC00497.jpg

GPS receiver in the rear window for the beacon
DSC00499.jpg

Close up of the power distribution (still needs some cleanup) chassis ground, +12V is 8ga from the accessory point under the hood.
DSC00498.jpg

BCD996XT behind the drivers side rear seat hooked to both the RS scanner antenna and the cell phone antenna
DSC00500.jpg

3/8-24 "gum drop" mount at the rear passenger side corner of the bed for HF HamStick type antennas
DSC00494.jpg

DSC00495.jpg

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Nice setup and pictures! Do you have 4x4 on that truck?

sdancy

Very nice, well done. Question: re the Bcd scanner behind driver seat, how do you access to power on and utilize face buttons etc? Also, never heard of the two antennas hooked into it; what is the advan of having the cell antenna?

Thanks,
Seth

Toad_77

Very nice, well done. Question: re the Bcd scanner behind driver seat, how do you access to power on and utilize face buttons etc? Also, never heard of the two antennas hooked into it; what is the advan of having the cell antenna?

Thanks,
Seth

I'm using two antennas because of the wide range I'm monitoring. The RS scanner antenna is a wide band antenna and preforms equally so/so across the V/UHF spectrum, but seems lacking at 800. Having the cell phone antenna (tuned to the 800Mhz band) has given me a pretty good receive boost on STARCOM21 and the other trunked systems that I monitor.

Right now power on/off is done by pulling the fuse on the power distribution block, the final plan is to have it hooked into an ignition relay so that it will only be on when the truck is on accessory or running. I don't need access to the buttons for normal operation with having the remote head up front.

AJAT

Premium Subscriber
3/8-24 "gum drop" mount at the rear passenger side corner of the bed for HF HamStick type antennas

Nice set up. I was wondering how well the Ham stick works mounted on the bed. I am looking at doing something similar on my Tacoma, I have not decided the best place to mount the HF antenna.

Toad_77

Nice set up. I was wondering how well the Ham stick works mounted on the bed. I am looking at doing something similar on my Tacoma, I have not decided the best place to mount the HF antenna.

I've had good luck with them, on what I'd call an average day I was able to work Poland on 20M, during a great 10M opening a few months ago I bagged Serbia (different sticks).

Status
Not open for further replies.