Home Setup **As of 2-11-2013**

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM4WLV

So I've changed a few things around and added a few radios since the last time......

I've added a Uniden BCD396XT and PRO-106 to my collection which I use for digital and analog monitoring and still use my PRO-164 for analog and conventional. Also pictured is my PRO-2037 that I use for Trunk88 decoding the various TRS's around my parts. The Minitor IISV (which is in an old Director II housing) is my old personal pager from the FD set to Rowan County Fire Disp (154.2500), which still runs like a champ.

Hope you like the pics & thanks for looking !!! Any questions just ask !!!!

Overall shot of my desk:
DSC_0537_zpsb62eb049.jpg

The 396XT, Pro-106, & Pro-164
DSC_0538_zps4bdda483.jpg

Pro-2037 and Minitor IISV
DSC_0539_zpse4d8a82a.jpg

A peek at the Salisbury-Rowan TRS in action through the eyes of Trunk88
DSC_0548_zps6251db9e.jpg

A close up of the 396XT, 106 & 164
DSC_0550_zpsd8d55cf6.jpg

Last edited:

russellmaher

KC1ANC
Hello Daniel:

Very neat shack! I like how it all fits into the corner and utilizes all the available space.

Good to see you charging those rechargeables in a charger instead of the scanners. That's the safest way.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Russell

KM4WLV

Is that a modified radio shack antenna on the pro 106 ? If so what is the benefit. Always looking for new ideas.

It is. All I did was take the little tip cover off the top and trim the antenna down so it was smaller. It was something I was just messing around with (not really trying to get any benefit from it) and it works just as well as it did when it was full size. It's kinda nice to have on my 396 while I'm waiting for the 800 stubby with actual SMA connector to arrive.

I know in the picture it's on the 106, but I usually have it on my 396. I was doing a little testing to see if it made a difference receive wise between the 2 radios.

Last edited:

KM4WLV

Hello Daniel:

Very neat shack! I like how it all fits into the corner and utilizes all the available space.

Good to see you charging those rechargeables in a charger instead of the scanners. That's the safest way.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

Russell

Well, the batteries in the charger are for the 106 (I've got 2 sets), Energizer Recharge 2300mah NiMH. The batteries I use for my 396 are the ones that came with it and they get charged in the radio at night. I also charge the batteries in the 164 in the radio. I've not ever had any issues with doing that and I average 10-12 hours out of a charge in each of the radios. I understand there are 2 sides to the whole argument about charging the batteries in the radio or out of it and I do both. That's what works for me :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.