Command Post Northwest

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Many of you might have heard that I've relocated our family up to Whitefish Montana. It is a distinct change from South Texas for sure, but we are really enjoying the area.

This is "Command Post Northwest" - I've finally gotten my new office up and running.

Radios Include:

• Icom R-9500 - DC to Daylight monitoring
  • AOR AR5000A+3 - HF, Sat, and searching
  • BCD996T - Public Safety monitoring in the Flathead Valley
  • Winradio Excaliber Pro - HF Monitoring
  • PSR-500 - State of Montana P25 system monitoring and decoding
  • Uniden Home Patrol - Public Safety Monitoring in the Flathead Valley
  • SDR-14 - Connected to the AR-5000 for spectrum monitoring

I have just two antennas for the setup - A Wellbrook loop for HF and a simple radio shack scanner antenna mounted on the porch overlooking the Flathead Valley of Montana.

Attachments

• IMG_2230.jpg
    IMG_2230.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 2,952

KC9NSA

Great setup! How do you like that IC-9500? I have that on my to do list. Big change in location!

ridgescan

Man the 9500-fitting that it's the boss's rig. A rare sight.
I have Montana in my blood-I was supposedly conceived "under the stars" just 50 miles south of you in Polson. Beautiful country up there. Enjoy it in good health.

bear780ks

Some Pretty Country for Sure

Looking Good there Mr B. :) If you have some free time to share a few pictures of the outside Area Mr.Blanton Please post them on the Forum, I bet it's Quite pretty up there.. Ra

SquierStrat

Dang that chair looks comfortable! Needless to say, the shack looks pretty sweet too. Very jealous of the 9500! So, RR is now headquartered in Montana? Also, just curious, have you ever had any desire to get an amateur radio license?

Last edited:

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
Wow Whitefish. I had a friend who lived there many moons ago. His comment was " the roads in Canada are wayyyyy better than the U.S." and used them often.

Gets mighty cold there, nice to have shack you can hunker down in and wait out the winter.

ke5kzcemmitt

Very nice set up,and very nice pace to be.i dont know what part of south texas you were in, however i can fully understand the reason(s) for getting out of dodge here.i live there right now and sure want out of here, good luck and enjoy that nice station you have here.

Squad10

Nice radio setup and a beautiful area to reside.

I plan to visit GNP next summer. I've read there's an awesome restaurant in Whitefish, and will dine there during my visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.