2006 Tahoe LS 4x4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Txems202

This is my daily driver, it has a jotto deal drop in console for the GMT 800 series. The console contains a Motorola m1225 VHF radio, switch panel/12v outlet panel with one USB charger port, a cup holder and finally a bct15 scanner for the local EDACS radio system as well as the local airport CTAF channel. The VHF radio has a 1/4 black laird whip antenna and the scanner has a laird combo antenna. I have installed a upgraded rear springs from a tahoe SSV and bilstein shocks. I have a ranch hand grill guard upfront and a full replacement in the rear. I also installed some flush mount led lights in the lift gate for added cargo light at night. All power for the console is run from a heavy duty enersys battery to a blue sea systems fused distribution block. Let me know what ya think, thanks!

y9y6eqa6.jpg

za7aru5y.jpg

egusy7ez.jpg

6uzyjevu.jpg

vu6uva9a.jpg

gy7eva5a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

brndnstffrd

Looks very nice! This looks similar to what i was planning when I was considering getting one of those consoles for my truck, but im going to be getting a new truck soon and am not sure if i will be sticking with the GMT800 like i have now or the new bodystyle., so i couldnt justify buying one and then having it just sit unused.

W9WSS

Retired LEO
Premium Subscriber
Very, very nice! I have a Jotto Desk Lazy-L in my CVPI. You did some nice planning, and made the install work for you. Wonder if you did it yourself, or had it professionally installed? I can't do this kind of installations anymore because of my left knee replacement two years ago. I just can't put any weight on the knee for any length of time. Again, nice job, and you did it right using NMO antenna mounts, and no horrible magnetic-mount antennas.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Great looking set-up and SUV. I also like the idea for the USB charger. And as K9WSS said, I don't like mag-mounts either. Good job on the NMO's. Good job all around!

Txems202

Thanks everyone! Yes I did the install myself with the exception of my friend drilling the nmo holes for me. The two black switches up above used to be hooked up to lights that are no longer used or even on the vehicle. I bought a VHF phantom antenna for a good price and I'm going to try it out to see how it works. Yes yes I am aware of the poor performance but I'm going to try it out and see how it works for my particular needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

lafd55

Love it, great install. I wish I had a center console in my Tahoe when I had it so I could use an insert. Very clean!!

w2smw

I just got a 2010 and the facorty console sucks,I used the Jotto console for the 10 and it is not as nice as yours as it is flat and only has 9 inches but I was abel to get two radios and a scanner in but had to do a litttle plastic cutting to get the radios in. I let the local MSS install the antennas as I was not sure with all the airbags airducts and wiring ing the ceiling.

Txems202

Some more photos

Here are a few photos of the console at night and the new antenna set up. That vhf phantom antenna works good for what i need so far. I took the scanner antenna off in the rear and moved the 1/4 wave back there, that scanner antenna was stiff and kept hitting my car port so i didnt want to damage it.

Attachments

• photo (2).JPG
    photo (2).JPG
    138.7 KB · Views: 2,982
  • photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    70.8 KB · Views: 2,898

scottyhetzel

Super clean, just lable your red switches and your done. I like the trophy shop type like how the military does it. I love the bluesea fuse boxes. They are the best...nice job !

Last edited:

fdscan

Status
Not open for further replies.