2006 Dodge Ram 3500 standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brianad

Premium Subscriber
Have not found any options for mounting radios in a standard so I had to make a bracket. If you guys know of any let me know.

Brianad

Premium Subscriber
Some more pics.

Wide shot.

Middle antenna is a Austin Spectra for the Yaesu FT-2900r and the side antennas "one on each side of the hood" are Laird ABSCANC-TESMD for the scanner.

67" antenna for CB.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I really think you should add some aftermarket gauges to the dash. Seems it would really set it off and provide some useful information. #sarcasm

In all seriousness that looks pretty sweet! Thanks for the other shots, I was also wondering what the rest looked like. That thing is a beast!

Brianad

Premium Subscriber
Never saw a set up like that for a firearm. Who makes them ?

I made the bracket and attached a Blackhawk holster to it. With it on my hip and seatbelt on you can not draw it fast enough to do any good if you had to. With my bracket setup fast and easy draw is no longer a issue.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Torque App

This is the coolest truck I've seen in a long time!! I have a friend that showed me an app called "Torque". You can bluetoothe the engine parameters to the laptop. Pressures, EGT, etc.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Nice truck and equipment, do you have any driving problems with a antenna being in the middle of your hood?

Brianad

Premium Subscriber
Update #1

Well I did not like the setup I had and could not come up with a way to make a tower. Being a standard 4X4 and the laptop mount the measurements just wouldn't work. So whats a guy to do? Rip the stock center console out and fab one up.

Why couldn't Dodge center the front dash!?

Fab work as of now. If all the parts come in maybe it will be done by this weekend. I have to make a choice to lengthen the 4X4 shifter or do one more tear down 5" in the front. If I do not tear down one more time I do not know how big of a hole it will take for the gear shifter. I guess I will just have to test it becouse I do not know if it would look good with one more tear down. What do you think? The pointed parts go up under the front dash.

RodStrong

I like the pistol mount man. To hell with the radios. You got your priorities right.

Hopefully the new look will come out nice. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.