My Shack (Audio, Video, Weather)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdesigns

So I finally took got my Tech License (working on the General soon) and started my home Shack.

I fly FPV Planes "Drones" (R/C planes with video cameras and transmitters) I'm working on a FPV trailer with all the video frequencies out there, ham radios, mobile repeaters etc. but I'm also setting my home shack with video receivers, directional antennas and tracking, I will be able to cover from 900mhz to 5.8ghz with a home made Video Scanner consisting on 3 different receivers.

Most FPV planes can transmit video from a 1-2 miles up to 30 miles depending on their video transmitter, I will have my receivers scanning the skies with high gain directional antennas on all frequencies and using the most popular tracking/diversity controllers all connected to a DVR recording 24/7. OH YEAH I will fly my planes from inside my home :D

I will setup a APRS igate in my area and a GMRS repeater too.

For now I will show my starting setup and I will post more pictures as I go.

Pro-163 scanners (2)
Pro-97 scanner
Pro-84 scanner
Pro-71 scanner
Icom IC-R3 Video Receiver
Icom IC-2820H 2M/440 Radio
Magnum 257 10 Meter Radio
Baofeng UV-5R+ Plus (2)
Yaesu FT-897D (on the mail)
(1) Desktop
(2) Laptops
(1) Micro Computer OQO Model 1+
24" LCD Monitor "Computer"
15" LCD Monitor FPV Video/Direct TV

Video Receiver
RMRC 900mhz-1.3ghz Receiver
RMRC 2.3-2.4ghz Receiver
Chinese 32ch 5.8ghz Receiver
Icom IC-R3 Video Receiver to fine tune some signals

Attachments

• shack.jpg
    shack.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 1,303

Wally46

Feed Provider
Awesome! I want to fly my DJI Phantom quadcopter from inside my house also. Can't wait for more pics and vids!

cdesigns

Awesome! I want to fly my DJI Phantom quadcopter from inside my house also. Can't wait for more pics and vids!

Its going to be fun :) I have a nice bixler with gps autopilot that I'm going to launch as soon I get the video system ready. I get over 5 miles of clear video so far without a problem. Surfing the clouds from my ham shack doesn't have a price :) .

Im just waiting for the FT-897D to see where I'm going to put the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.