2013 Ram 1500

Status
Not open for further replies.

slingshot202

Feed Provider
Recently installed a refurbished CDM 1550 LS into my truck replacing an AnyTone Mobile that does not like cold weather.

Still have the Uniden BCD996p2 installed (wish I never considered double sided tape).

Also considering putting back in my UHF Mobile now that I do not have the dual band. The Motorola requried all different cables for power and such, so I have an antenna, and power already ran for the ICOM F-221. Just need to figure out where it would go.

Since the Moto has custom everything, I've got an extra external speaker, so either another scanner or replace my UHF Radio... maybe the scanner is better...I can just throw that under the seat. Not sure yet which way to go (I'd have to manipulate power for a scanner.

Attachments

• 03-2017 RAM setup.jpg
    03-2017 RAM setup.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 1,244
  • 03-2017 RAM Setup2.jpg
    03-2017 RAM Setup2.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 1,266

DJ11DLN

If it's adhesive residue, denatured alcohol works well, too.
+1 on getting the adhesive intoxicated. If that does not work, judicious use of a heat gun may cause it to soften enough that you can peel it off. Only try this with the cover removed from the scanner!!!

W3AWF

Premium Subscriber
A little 2+2 Gum Cutter works well too if used in moderation.

"Interoperability is not a luxury, it is a necessity!"

NodrogCop

WD-40 also works wonders for removing adhesive. Just need to use a all purpose cleaner afterwards to clean up the WD-40 that's left. I've used window cleaner...

Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.