Radio Go Case - April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb_lonny

Over the years, while involved in the radio scanning / amateur radio / ultralight DXing hobbies, I have used a number of different bags and cases for carrying my radios and associated bits and pieces. Some of these bags and cases have worked very well, others have not for various reasons. Back i early March I moved across to a top laoding case, I thought I had finally "found the one" and was happy with this for a few weeks.

I have again returned to my love of portable operation, this has meant finding a suitable carry case or bag for my radios to undertaken these activities in parks and other locations.

Based on my experience in the past, I decided to move away from a soft bag like I have used recently and started looking around for a hard case. This needed to be big enough to hold two scanners, aerials, chargers, cords, ear phones and a small notepad for logging purposes. I found the case I set up in March was not large enough.

I have taken the best part of this (the holder for my two scanners) and installed this in a much large Toolpro Safe Case (sold by Supercheap Autos). I have also added a MDF divider between the two sections. I also have a small camera bag which has some earphones and spare batteries which fits inside this case. I now the have best of both worlds, a hard case with plenty of space (which also keeps my wife happy by having all my bits tidy) and a small camera bag which I can quickly throw a scanner in to for day to day use. I have tested this over the past few days and find for me it works well. I have added a few stickers on the outside too.

Photos: Launceston Scanning Guy: Radio Go Case - April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.