Daily Carry Radio Case - April 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb_lonny

Over the years, while involved in the radio scanning / amateur radio / ultralight DXing hobbies, I have used a number of different bags and cases for carrying my radios and associated bits and pieces. Some of these bags and cases have worked very well, others have not for various reasons.

I have again returned to my love of portable operation, this has meant finding a suitable carry case or bag for my radios to undertaken these activities in parks and other locations.

Based on my experience in the past, I decided to move away from a soft (camera) bag like I have used recently and started looking around for a hard case. This needed to be big enough to hold a scanner, aerial, chargers, USB cord, ear phones and spare AAbatteries but I didn't want to go to a "Pelican" type case due to cost and sizing options.

Recently I was at Bunnings when I came across this case, for $20 it is big enough to hold a scanner plus the bits and pieces I need to carry. It is not as big as a pelican case like I have used in the past and I can easily throw it in to whatever bag I am using, if that is my work laptop bag, a backpack for days out or just by itself in the car.

I added some bubble wrap to the top of the case and a few stickers on the outside compleates the look.

Overall for less than $20 and an hour of my time, I have a case which provides a good level of protection to my radio.

Photos: The Geeky Radio Enthusiast: Daily Carry Radio Case - April 2017

sfd119

I get that you want to show off your stuff, but could you just link them to RR instead of trying to drive people to your blog?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I get that you want to show off your stuff, but could you just link them to RR instead of trying to drive people to your blog?

Amen...no offense to the OP at all but it's pretty regular...maybe just add to your existing threads, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.