2015 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 - Center Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenkeeper

I placed my Uniden PC122XL and my Realistic scanner in the center console of my '15 Silverado. Other than the picture attached, others can be found in another thread that I started, for troubleshooting, at https://forums.radioreference.com/c...maxed-squelch-wide-open-nearly-no-static.html .

Since the pictures were taken, I have shifted my radios to the left side of the bracket, temporarily took the right angle adapter off the antenna mount bracket (replaced with original straight one), and am actively looking for the spring that I use to have when I had this setup on my 2010 Ridgeline. More pictures to come, when I finish getting it all set the way I want it, in next few weeks. I need to repair the right angle adapter, find my spring, put foam around the radios (keep food and crap from around them), and tune my antenna.

Attachments

• gallery_151133_3740_73771.jpg
    gallery_151133_3740_73771.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 5,343

Ravenkeeper

Found the damn spring!!!!

I have found the spring, installed it, and re-installed the 90º for the mount bracket (after I fixed it with a couple drops of solder). Will post new pictures, after I tune the antenna and install some foam around the top (to keep food and crap out of where my CB/scanner are sitting), later today.

Ravenkeeper

Update: One Problem After Another

Just realized that my "My Radio Setup" album was "not public," so if you look at my profile, you can now see what I have been up to, to get back into the hobby of CB radio.

Since my last post, I tuned my antenna (wrong configuration, bed sidewall included), did A LOT OF RESEARCH as to why my SWR was about 2.5:1 across ALL 40, reconfigured my antenna, discovered that the Mini-8 connector on the antenna cable was SHOT (making/breaking), bought a replacement (unfortunately, I could NOT find anything other than solder-less), and found out (on the way home from that purchase) that my antenna was laying back 45+º at highway speeds. :( My son and I are going to do a few things around the house tomorrow, and if it does NOT rain (as forecasted) then we will replace the connector and re-tune my antenna. And if it's still not raining, I'm going to slave my footwarmer in-place of my SWR meter.

Ravenkeeper

Getting a “Do Over,” With NEW Truck

Unfortunately, I was a victim of a NON-contact HIT/RUN, Head-On Collision, on 01 July 2018, on Tehachapi Willow Springs Rd. Cellphones weren’t reaching, neither was my CB. New truck will have to wait until I’m healed up, broken foot, bruised belly (steering wheel), airbag burn, and bruised skull. Wife & kids are fine, some seatbelt bruising, wife & daughter have bruised sternums, and son has a bruised rib. Going to find a way to function check both my CB and my scanner, before I start lining up replacement antenna cable and how I’m going to route everything.

REPORT OF COLLISION - NEWS RELEASE | News | desertnews.com

“Desert Raven” 111
Antelope Valley, CA

Attachments

• 55FFC594-B727-485C-9EB4-8FCBE353D56D.jpg
    55FFC594-B727-485C-9EB4-8FCBE353D56D.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 1,514

tunnelmot

Premium Subscriber
From a former AV resident and fellow radio enthusiast, I am glad you and your family are alive. A very tragic incident that could have been worse. Family is the most important thing. Please be safe out there!

Ravenkeeper

Wow, glad to hear you and your family survived. Sorry to hear the other guy didn't. That's gotta be a traumatic mess for everyone involved.

That was a nice looking truck.

From a former AV resident and fellow radio enthusiast, I am glad you and your family are alive. A very tragic incident that could have been worse. Family is the most important thing. Please be safe out there!

Thanks for the thoughts/prayers. I’m healing up fine, get the cast off a week from tomorrow, then I get to start physical therapy and back to work. I’m constantly browsing the dealerships within 100 miles of here for my next truck. Seriously leaning toward a 2018/19 Silverado LTZ Z71, again. I’m going to have the dealership install my antenna cable when they add on any extra items from the purchase.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Seriously leaning toward a 2018/19 Silverado LTZ Z71, again. I’m going to have the dealership install my antenna cable when they add on any extra items from the purchase.

My dad, brother and brother in law are all running 2017 LTZ Z71's. Nice trucks. A bit fancy for my own personal tastes, but they are nice to ride in.

glad to hear you are healing up. Physical therapy can be a bit of a hassle, but the end result is worth it.

scottyhetzel

Wow, great job saving you and yourself from a selfish idiot. Seat belts save lives. God has a plan for you and your family. Keep moving and heal quick. More you move the faster you heal. IBU are your friend. Look forward to your speedy family recovery and new project to think about.

Status
Not open for further replies.