RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Pictures Of Your Shack/Mobile Setup

Pictures Of Your Shack/Mobile Setup - Here you can post pictures of your shack, mobile, or portable setup for everyone to be envious of. Don't forget to rate the threads of good setups. Equipment installation questions belong here: Radio Equipment Installation

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2018, 2:40 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Earlier mobile setups

here are some pictures of my mobile scanning/amateur radio setups from about twenty years

First one is my 86 Ford Taurus. Bearcat 760XLT with a tone reader. Alinco DR-570T and a Uniden 520 CB

My 89 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 had on the dash the same radios then when I had problems with the TRC-452 I switched to a Uniden 520 CB. Later I added a ICOM 706 MKII.

Other than the ball mount I added to the Mustang I only used a Larsen 2/440 and a Radio Shack Scanner mag mounts.
Attached Images

Old 01-18-2018, 2:54 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default nest vehicle

I had a Ford Ranger with the ICOM 706 MKII and a Uniden BC-15 hung from the dash.

in 2008 I got a Chevy Blazer and a friend drilled a bunch of holes for antennea. I had had my radio hanging from the bottom of the dash. Which I had the Icom 706 MKII the main radio was under the passenger seat and the control head sat the console. the antennea were three NMO mounts on the roof with a ball mount on the rear right quarter panel. in the picture the antennea were Larsen 2/440 in the from. the left was a 800 MHz for trunking and a scanner antenna on the left.
Attached Images