Make Up Scanner Case - Mk2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pb_lonny

Back in early December 2017 I shared the details of my "Make Up Scanner Case". This was purchased for $15 from my local Kmart. I set it up for my radio use and this worked well. I did find over the Christmas break when I was out and about with it more, undertaking portable scanning sessions that it was a bit of a pain having to removal the aerial every time before packing my UBCD396XT away or getting it out to use. This also meant that I could not leave my scanner in it running for logging purposes which is something I have started to do more of late.

Based on this I switched back to my stealth scanner bag for a couple of weeks, while it allowed me to leave the aerial on my scanner for logging and storage, I was not 100% happy with it. Due to this I decided to try and improve my make up scanner case. I sourced a new piece of foam and after testing a few ideas I decided on a new layout. This places my radio on the side and gives me more space for my accessories which I have sorted, now only carrying what I need day to day. I have a couple of more aerials now so these live in the top and my portable scanner stand is strapped to the top.

This now works much better for me and I am keen to take it out for more portable sessions in the future.

Updated photos can be found here: The Geeky Radio Enthusiast: Make Up Scanner Case - December 2017

Make%2BUp%2BScanner%2BCase_mk2%25281%2529.jpg

Make%2BUp%2BScanner%2BCase_mk2%25283%2529.jpg

Make%2BUp%2BScanner%2BCase_mk2%25284%2529.jpg

pb_lonny

Thanks for the replies. I am a fan of it. It has come out for it's first portable session today.

Status
Not open for further replies.