New home new Shack

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2rea

Hi everyone. I recently moved into a new home (11/17) and my new shack is down in the so far unfinished basement. This is what I have set up so far. I purchased an old office desk from a car dealership that was going out of business very cheap. The console is just plywood screwed together. I have the desk away from the wall a few feet and it makes things so much easier to work on/swap gear.
Some of the gear in use is as follows: Icom 756 pro III main rig, spare rig is Icom 746 pro (also 2 meter ssb rig). Yaesu FT 8800 with attached Kantronics packet communicator 3, Jetstream JT270 used to monitor FRS/MURS/GMRS, Motorola Max Trac VHF low band programmed for 6 meter simplex/repeaters, Realistic Navajo CB base monitoring CH 19, President Washington CB base for SSB. Ameritron AL-811 AMP, signalink USB soundcard, using Ham Radio Deluxe for rig control/digital modes. The lap top on the right is used for outpost packet messenger, and to monitor the PSK reporter website. There is also a monitor for my home security cameras and the must have TV on the left. Up top I have a Sony AM/FM receiver, and a Radio Shack 197 Pro.
I have a few antennas in the attic and used the radon gas vent pipe for a conduit for coax. I have two CB top loaded whips mounted together as a vertical dipole in the attic and it works remarkably well.
There is also a base scanner antenna and FM broadcast band antenna in the attic.
I kind of ran out of good weather to put up my hexbeam outside, I did manage to get up a 160 meter carolina windom off center fed dipole, a alpha delta paralel dipole, and a diamond 2 meter/440 vertical.
I have lots more work to do, but I'm glad I got something going before winter set in.
hope to hear you on the bands!
73/Terry

Attachments

• 2018 shack.jpg
    2018 shack.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 2,097

w2rea

Thanks for the comments. Yes, I do plan on finishing at least part of the basement as $ permits. I also need more electrical outlets for all this stuff!

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
ka1njl, was looking at your set up and was curious - what kind of speakers are sitting on top of your Pro-2006? Sorry to interject in the thread, but I sent him a PM and I don't think he saw it, hoping he sees this. I really like the wedge monitor looking speakers he has there.

I apologize for the interruption, now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

w2rea

The silver colored speakers are Radio Shack extention speakers and the black speaker in the middle is a Motorola speaker. The two speakers on the very top are Altec Lansing computer speakers connected to the audio booster to the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.