ocn29rsc updated radio set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocn29rsc

I've been feed provider for a number of years moved from upstate SC to the coast full time in 2010 have changed things several times. I have kids and cats who love to chase one another. There is no regard for whats in it's path.

Put Feed radios in this case under lock and key...with success.

Attachments

• radio-2.jpg
    radio-2.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,600
  • radio-3.jpg
    radio-3.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 1,606
  • radio-4.jpg
    radio-4.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 1,631
  • radio-1.jpg
    radio-1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 1,600

seagravebuff60

Well Known MRRS Hater
Feed Provider
Very nice... organized... the rack that is holding what looks to be you scanners in the second picture, what kind is that? Looks interesting, i was thinking of setting up something like that..

Good work.

ocn29rsc

The 10 scanners in the big case are all uniden...most are bcd996xt, one bc15xt and two bcd536hp.

the smaller rack consist of the following:

standard horizon gx1300 marine radio

vertex standard vxd7200 vhf analog/digital radio

connect stystems cs800d dual band analog/digital radio.

W2PDX

Great set-up! I really like rack-mounted equipment, especially the smaller slant rack. Looks like a dispatch console.

ocn29rsc

All the scanners are from one antenna outside with LMR-400 cable and split through a 8 Port MCA208M VHF/UHF Receiver Multicoupler made by STRIDSBERG ENGINEERING.

ocn29rsc

ocn29rsc...usb hub

This is an upgrade with the new enclosure of feed scanners...everything is being recorded.

Attachments

• u280-016-rm2u-features.jpg
    u280-016-rm2u-features.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,387

rakotter

Feed Provider
All the scanners are from one antenna outside with LMR-400 cable and split through a 8 Port MCA208M VHF/UHF Receiver Multicoupler made by STRIDSBERG ENGINEERING.
I've been trying a few different antennas, I have a 800mhz for the BCD922 running all my trunk channels and a 400mhz antenna for my BCT15x running all my conventional. Funny thing is that my Trunked channels seem to work better on the antenna rated for 400mhz. I just set up a cone antenna for the conventional and moved the trunked to the 400mhz... I know how to get the meters correct with antennas lenghts and all that, but the rules dont seem to apply in practical use.. My question, what kind of antenna are you using and des it seem to work across all bands?

N9JIG

Sheriff
Wow, that looks great! I think I have seen something like this before, just cannot seem to remember where...

My wife had suggested once that I get one of those free-standing rack cabinets after she saw one in the server room at my office before I retired. I might still end up with one eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.