My new arrangement

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
I was running out of room on the tabletop, so I ordered an aux. shelf. This allowed me to move the tabletops from the table to the shelf so I could replace the paymaster shelf and drawers. Much nicer now and not so cramped.

--
Mike

Attachments

• Desktop.jpg
    Desktop.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 2,308

mbott

Premium Subscriber
Previously:

Attachments

• Desktop-Old.jpg
    Desktop-Old.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 2,163

radio3353

Going vertical! Nice setup. And a nice array of HF gear. We don't see enough of that here.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
Going vertical! Nice setup. And a nice array of HF gear. We don't see enough of that here.

Thanks, vertical is all I was allowed. :) As to the HF gear, it's been 52 years in the making. It all started with a Star Roamer assembled in 1967.

Thanks all!

--
Mike

radio3353

As to the HF gear, it's been 52 years in the making.
--
Mike

I feel you. I have about as many years in the hobby too. Sadly, my SWL HF gear is all gone now. My first SWL receiver was a Lafayette HA-226 tube set. My last was an Icom R-75. I see you have one of those in your shack.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
I feel you. I have about as many years in the hobby too. Sadly, my SWL HF gear is all gone now. My first SWL receiver was a Lafayette HA-226 tube set. My last was an Icom R-75. I see you have one of those in your shack.

And damnit, SDRplay announced the RSPduo just this morning. At least it will not take up that much additional space.

Although I much prefer to listen with the physical radios, there is a lot to be said for the new technology. I think they complement each other very well.

--
Mike

radio3353

And damnit, SDRplay announced the RSPduo just this morning. At least it will not take up that much additional space.

Although I much prefer to listen with the physical radios, there is a lot to be said for the new technology. I think they complement each other very well.

--
Mike

Yes, I saw that. Very tempting and an inexpensive way to get back into HF. My wire antenna is still strung in my attic! I like the look of the SDRuno software. I may be more interested in the RSP1A though. Not sure I need a dual receiver.

mbott

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I saw that. Very tempting and an inexpensive way to get back into HF. My wire antenna is still strung in my attic! I like the look of the SDRuno software. I may be more interested in the RSP1A though. Not sure I need a dual receiver.

Don't forget about the HF+. Seems to handle the local QRM a tad bit better than the SDRplay, at least in my opinion. It also may be an option for you. Supported by SDR# and SDR Console beta3.

--
Mike

mbott

Premium Subscriber
Complete set-up:

Attachments

• Desktop-Reality.jpg
    Desktop-Reality.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 1,138

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Excellent, except I'd think your neck would get stiff looking at that one rig on the book shelf on the left! :D

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
I think by "complete" you meant "entire" as we all know that no ham shack is ever really "complete"! :D

Looks good!

mbott

Premium Subscriber
Thanks all. Yes iMONITOR, the FRG-7 does create a small bit of discomfort when used. :)

--
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.