2007 Ford Crown Victoria Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Hello Everyone,
In January I decided to buy a Crown Vic, After a long negotiation and a misunderstanding on shipping expectations, It finally got here. It arrived with the passenger front side and Drivers rear side seat belts cut and the cruise did not work. I spend around $550 for all the repairs and wanted to drive it a bit longer to get a feel for it. As I continued to drive it for months I started ordering parts and equipment needed for the install I was going to do. The install was started in late April and was finally finished on June 6th.
A Havis PKG-CON-112 console was added. Then the lights were installed. In the grill are two STL Z-3 Tir leds, A headlight flasher module was added, in the interior above the rear view mirror is a UBL dual dash light and in the rear deck is a Code 3 wingman (short version) and tail light flashers were added to alternated between the brake and reverse lights. All lights are Red/White except for the Wingman, which is all red. A STL Icon 150Watt siren was added and is being used as the Light/Siren Controller and a switching point for the radar detector unit and the portable radio charger. A BCD536HP and a M/A-COM M7100ip VHF radio was installed as well. I decided to buy a Panasonic Toughbook CF-18 because I saw it on ebay for a pretty decent price. Once I received the laptop I ordered a docking station and inverter. The laptop has GRLevel3 radar software and local references in PDF's. A charge guard is used for power management.
The car is a retired Customs vehicle that I received with 70,000Miles on it. Some issues have come up that you would (and wouldn't) expect from a retired LE Vehicle, but all in all, I love it. I have a new found respect for people that upfit emergency vehicles for a living! This was quite a big project and cost a lot more than I thought.

Attachments

• CV Inside Open.JPG
    CV Inside Open.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 1,696

rs989

Premium Subscriber
I am curious about the emergency lighting with all that gear gives the impression your a LEO because it appear like an unmarked police vehicle. This is becoming to be more of a problem of people impersonating a cop. Crown Victoria's are a great car, they seem to last forever and still are great used even some that are approaching or above 100K in miles. Good cars that are nice & roomy especially for long distance driving (well if gas prices are not outrageous). Unfortunately some individuals think they can impersonate legitimate LEO's enforcement officers(whackers) with all that equipment. I mean cars that have a red/red or red/blue dash mount lights, strobes, and wig-wag lights in the front headlights. It must be very distracting to be using all of that gear and paying attention to the road.

kjfswkr

I like the radar detector right next to the interior emergency lights...

I was wondering same thing! I must admit setup looks good. Are you a firefighter, LEO, etc? I have red lights and siren in my car but it is authorized by law where I live. I don’t have a radar detector!

Kevin

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Sorry for the late replies guys. I will post exterior pictures soon, once I get them uploaded to the PC. I am an EMT and don’t use the lights unless responding to the station or responding to a call. The laptop with the weather software is used by the passenger.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
I finally managed to upload the pictures to my PC.The antenna on the top in for the BCD536HP. Depending on my mood, I scan Aviation, Railroad, Business/Utilities, and Public Safety. The antenna on the trunk is a 1/4 wave for the 100watt VHF radio. It scans the local Sheriff, DPS, and VFD's in the area as well as amateur radio.

Attachments

• CV Exterior S1.jpg
    CV Exterior S1.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 792
  • CV Exterior F1.JPG
    CV Exterior F1.JPG
    206.2 KB · Views: 787
  • CV Exterior F2.JPG
    CV Exterior F2.JPG
    205.9 KB · Views: 792
  • CV Exterior F3.JPG
    CV Exterior F3.JPG