RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners, Receivers and Related Equipment Forums > Pictures Of Your Shack/Mobile Setup

Pictures Of Your Shack/Mobile Setup - Here you can post pictures of your shack, mobile, or portable setup for everyone to be envious of. Don't forget to rate the threads of good setups. Equipment installation questions belong here: Radio Equipment Installation

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2018, 9:25 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default 2007 Ford Crown Victoria Install

Hello Everyone,
In January I decided to buy a Crown Vic, After a long negotiation and a misunderstanding on shipping expectations, It finally got here. It arrived with the passenger front side and Drivers rear side seat belts cut and the cruise did not work. I spend around $550 for all the repairs and wanted to drive it a bit longer to get a feel for it. As I continued to drive it for months I started ordering parts and equipment needed for the install I was going to do. The install was started in late April and was finally finished on June 6th.
A Havis PKG-CON-112 console was added. Then the lights were installed. In the grill are two STL Z-3 Tir leds, A headlight flasher module was added, in the interior above the rear view mirror is a UBL dual dash light and in the rear deck is a Code 3 wingman (short version) and tail light flashers were added to alternated between the brake and reverse lights. All lights are Red/White except for the Wingman, which is all red. A STL Icon 150Watt siren was added and is being used as the Light/Siren Controller and a switching point for the radar detector unit and the portable radio charger. A BCD536HP and a M/A-COM M7100ip VHF radio was installed as well. I decided to buy a Panasonic Toughbook CF-18 because I saw it on ebay for a pretty decent price. Once I received the laptop I ordered a docking station and inverter. The laptop has GRLevel3 radar software and local references in PDF's. A charge guard is used for power management.
The car is a retired Customs vehicle that I received with 70,000Miles on it. Some issues have come up that you would (and wouldn't) expect from a retired LE Vehicle, but all in all, I love it. I have a new found respect for people that upfit emergency vehicles for a living! This was quite a big project and cost a lot more than I thought.
Attached Images

Sponsored links
Old 06-12-2018, 12:09 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Nice setup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
=a bad day for scanner enthusiasts, and also a bad day for public safety...
Old 06-12-2018, 9:29 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Very nice!

That is a great looking install. It's neat and everything you need to access is at your finger tips.
Old 06-13-2018, 10:41 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Nice. How about an outside pic?
Old 06-14-2018, 2:44 PM

I am curious about the emergency lighting with all that gear gives the impression your a LEO because it appear like an unmarked police vehicle. This is becoming to be more of a problem of people impersonating a cop. Crown Victoria's are a great car, they seem to last forever and still are great used even some that are approaching or above 100K in miles. Good cars that are nice & roomy especially for long distance driving (well if gas prices are not outrageous). Unfortunately some individuals think they can impersonate legitimate LEO's enforcement officers(whackers) with all that equipment. I mean cars that have a red/red or red/blue dash mount lights, strobes, and wig-wag lights in the front headlights. It must be very distracting to be using all of that gear and paying attention to the road.
Sponsored links
Old 06-14-2018, 8:56 PM

I like the radar detector right next to the interior emergency lights...
Old 06-16-2018, 3:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLebowski View Post
I like the radar detector right next to the interior emergency lights...
I was wondering same thing! I must admit setup looks good. Are you a firefighter, LEO, etc? I have red lights and siren in my car but it is authorized by law where I live. I dont have a radar detector!

Kevin
Old 06-16-2018, 9:32 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Sorry for the late replies guys. I will post exterior pictures soon, once I get them uploaded to the PC. I am an EMT and don’t use the lights unless responding to the station or responding to a call. The laptop with the weather software is used by the passenger.
Old 06-18-2018, 11:51 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I finally managed to upload the pictures to my PC.The antenna on the top in for the BCD536HP. Depending on my mood, I scan Aviation, Railroad, Business/Utilities, and Public Safety. The antenna on the trunk is a 1/4 wave for the 100watt VHF radio. It scans the local Sheriff, DPS, and VFD's in the area as well as amateur radio.
Attached Images

Old 06-19-2018, 2:58 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
=a bad day for scanner enthusiasts, and also a bad day for public safety...
Old 06-27-2018, 4:51 AM

Looks good.

Kevin