2013 Taurus uninstall to a 2015 Explorer install

Status
Not open for further replies.

firetaz834

I'm starting to work on a newer vehicle (2015 Explorer) and wanted to show pictures of what I had before the uninstall and then the progress of the 2015 Install.

Here is a picture of what it did look like with equipment installed:

the current equipment consists of the following:

RadioShack/GRE Digital Scanner
Kenwood TM-D710GA 2m/70cm radio
Kenwood UHF mobile
Motorola remote mount CB Radio

Attachments

• DSC_0137M.jpg
    DSC_0137M.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 2,995
  • DSC_0143M.jpg
    DSC_0143M.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 2,967
  • DSC_0146M.jpg
    DSC_0146M.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 2,959
Last edited:

firetaz834

And everyone enjoys a picture of the antenna, here it was and also a picture of after the equipment was fully removed.

Attachments

• DSC_0152M.jpg
    DSC_0152M.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 2,883
  • DSC_0155M.jpg
    DSC_0155M.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 2,890

firetaz834

Here are the last of the new pics, these are of the old and new together at the dealership. A front of my new vehicle (and if you look closely you will see and antenna on the top) and a rear view of my new vehicle. When completed it will have 5 antennas on top

900Mhz for the scanner
UHF
900Mhz
Vhf1 for my 2m
Vhf2 for my DMR
CB Ant. (Long whip) for remote mount CB radio

More pictures to follow as the install gets into full gear

Attachments

• DSC_0159M.jpg
    DSC_0159M.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 2,842
  • DSC_0169M.jpg
    DSC_0169M.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 2,838
  • DSC_0171M.jpg
    DSC_0171M.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 2,830

firetaz834

Good luck with the new vehicle and the install!

Izzy, thank you for the comment. One of the first things I have found out is that the console I have in my 2013, will not fit in the 2015. It will fit perse, but since the console was vehicle specific, I have about a 4" gap where it will not fit flush against the dash. So, I am out looking for a new console for it. Was hoping but found out it just didn't work. So, if anyone needs a Troy console for an install, let me know.

firetaz834

Well, to answer the question of where did I find the Motorola CB remote unit. It is a piece of communications equipment I've had from when I originally purchased it many, many years ago. I believe when it was made Motorola was trying to get into that area and brought some of there knowledge from their commercial lines. I also have a under dash unit. Was never going to get rid of them so putting them to use.

Will keep the updates coming. Did get a radio I had ordered today in the mail 900 Mhz XTL2500, everything is brand new with it. Couple other items I'm waiting on and then the install starts.

firetaz834

Time for an update

Well, now it is time for an update:

Finally, got my last radio from ebay and when it arrives, will be getting it installed.

XTL2500 - VHF (Remote mount, 110 watts), replacing my Kenwood 2m rig

XPR4550 - UHF/DMR, replacing my kenwood UHF

XTL2500 - 900Mhz, being added to my radio configuration

In addition will be my trunking scanner for monitoring the state system.

Once, that last radio is receive, hope to have it all installed within the week after that and will be including pictures of the full install.

OhSixTJ

Well, now it is time for an update:

Finally, got my last radio from ebay and when it arrives, will be getting it installed.

XTL2500 - VHF (Remote mount, 110 watts), replacing my Kenwood 2m rig

XPR4550 - UHF/DMR, replacing my kenwood UHF

XTL2500 - 900Mhz, being added to my radio configuration

In addition will be my trunking scanner for monitoring the state system.

Once, that last radio is receive, hope to have it all installed within the week after that and will be including pictures of the full install.

How hard is it to get a XTL2500 programmed these days? I’ve been out of the loop for a long while...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

firetaz834

Well, one of the radios the 900 Mhz has been programmed with the frequencies that I should have use for and the Vhf 2500 is being programmed by the seller for me with several of the local repeaters in the area, which gets me operational till I can get the programming software from Motorola to do the specific programming for the areas that I operate in.

firetaz834

Install Complete

Well, it is now done. Spent the day at a shop that did my install. Don't have the needed tools to do it myself, so I left it to the professionals and installation. Watched what they did and and got some ideas if I have to any more installs at how it is done right. Also, saw how a bad install goes. Found out that one of the holes I was going to reuse for mounting an antenna was not done correctly, so I had them drill it correctly. But, here is a picture of the finished product. I took pictures of the full install and will post them later. DSC_0044a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.