New Gear in the Stable

Status
Not open for further replies.

lzielasko

Premium Subscriber
Added the SDS100 and R30 for monitoring on the go!

Attachments

• IMG_2163.jpg
    IMG_2163.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 1,254
Last edited:

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Nice! I have been wanting to get a R30 but the lack of DMR/ TRBO decoding has kept me hesitant. I really wish Icom would add trbo to its list of digital modes on the R30. I would love to use it to log P25 conventional but also would like to able to log DMR as well. I was looking into the AOR DV10 but there are so many bad reviews it kind of steered me away from it. Nice set up though enjoy your new radios.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

lzielasko

Premium Subscriber
I also considered the DV10 but went with the R30 for the same reason you mentioned. So far I'm very pleased with the R30 and will keep my fingers crossed that Icom adds some additional modes. Overall in my opinion, it's a very good receiver.

lzielasko

Premium Subscriber
The R30's audio is clear and sufficiently loud for my purposes when carried. I jack to an external speaker when listening from my desk for added punch. Based on my preferences and hearing abilities, the R30 does a good job audio-wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.