Small setup in 04 Nissan Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.

stangwill182

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys, just wanted to show u a quick pic of my setup.
Picture002.jpg

Picture004.jpg

stangwill182

Premium Subscriber
yep, its clean looking and very accessible, arrow stick mounted on the back rack:
IMG_0282.jpg

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
How are you using the exterior compartments? How do you like the truck overall?

OpSec

All your WACN are belong to us
Database Admin
stangwill182 said:
yep, its clean looking and very accessible, arrow stick mounted on the back rack:
IMG_0282.jpg

Couple thoughts here...

First, that glass mount antenna is going to work very poorly being sandwiched in between the cab and the metal rack. Second, you took the time to mount the rack and ArrowStik but left the coax from that VHF antenna and the AS cable just dangling? Looks shoddy.

From where I'm sitting, you'd be well-served by replacing both antennas with NMO mounts on "L" brackets attached to your rack. [no pun intended]

stangwill182

Premium Subscriber
i use the arrowstik to divert traffic at fire calls, the truck overall is great and i have no complaints, great choice, when u hit the gas it takes off, i keep my hitch and some tie down straps in the exterior compartment

stateboy said:
Couple thoughts here...

First, that glass mount antenna is going to work very poorly being sandwiched in between the cab and the metal rack. Second, you took the time to mount the rack and ArrowStik but left the coax from that VHF antenna and the AS cable just dangling? Looks shoddy.

From where I'm sitting, you'd be well-served by replacing both antennas with NMO mounts on "L" brackets attached to your rack. [no pun intended]

stateboy thanks for the input, i thought the glass mount wasnt going to work very well either but i gave it a shot and surprisingly it works very well for me, i have clear reception throughout the county, the vhf antenna is fairly new and with my work schedule havent gotten around to it but hopefully soon i wil be taking care of it

Status
Not open for further replies.