My own little scanner world!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbone9597

I have enjoyed looking at everyone's shacks and so I thought I would share my shack with everyone.
In the pictures are my RS Pro-96 scanner which I use to listen to P-25 Police and local Fire/EMS. In the middle is a RS Pro-2026 which I use to listen to analog Police and Fire/EMS. I have a T splitter for my roof antenna that is a RS Outdoor VHF-HI/UHF Scanner Antenna. I also use old computer speakers that are amplified for the PRO-96.
I like the PRO-96 which I also use in my vehicle. I will try and post those pictures later for you.
On the right is a Uniden Bearcat BC144XL with a RS replacement antenna, which I usually leave on Belknap County Sheriff which is still analog.
Happy scanning and Live free or Die!

Attachments

• scanner pic.JPG
    scanner pic.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 7,482
  • scanner pic2.JPG
    scanner pic2.JPG
    29.3 KB · Views: 7,070
  • scaner pic3.JPG
    scaner pic3.JPG
    25.8 KB · Views: 7,147

JohnnyGalaga

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Isn't it funny how Uniden has used those pill-shaped style buttons for years and years ?

tbone9597

Update of shack!

This is just some new pics of my shack as it looks now. I have made a handheld scanner stand out of a bookend and added some rubber feet and some padding on the inside to protect my scanners. I have also added a new scanner the Uniden BC178XLT that I purchased at a local Flea market for only $5.00 and it came with the antenna on it. What a great buy I thought and what a great scanner it turned out to be. Thanks for looking at my updated shack pics and keep scanning! :p

Attachments

• 2 handhelds.JPG
    2 handhelds.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 3,956
  • two handhelds.JPG
    two handhelds.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 4,022
  • BC178XLT.JPG
    BC178XLT.JPG
    56.7 KB · Views: 4,189

tbone9597

Suggestions on channel setups?

I am looking for suggestions from anyone on how I should program my scanners to maximize my scanning experience better. Here is a list of my scanners that I have to work with.
Radio Shack Pro-96
Radio Shack Pro- 2026
Uniden Bearcat BC178XLT
Uniden BC60XLT-1

Thank you in advance for your input and keep scanning.

xpawel15x

WoW what a great deal for that Uniden scanner for only 5 bucks. I wish I could find a deal like that. Very nice.

tbone9597

Thanks for all of your nice comments on my shack. Please feel free to give me suggestions on which scanner would work best on a certain band. Thank you Keep scanning!

SCPD

QRT
The BC-760, one of the best scanners of its time and still quite useful. I have three of them and put the CTCSS board in each of them. I'm still using two of them, both in vehicles. I changed a chip in one of them that allowed for much faster scanning and searching. It was also a very good modification.

They were popular in part because they were so compact. You almost never saw any other model installed in law enforcement and fire vehicles, at least out here in alifornia/Nevada land. They had good sensitivity also and I hear some very distant traffic on the two I use mobile. I never used them in a base situation like you are, but imagine it works nicely for you.

SCPD

QRT
tbone9597 tnx for the answer , ur shack better then mine .it sitting on a coffee table,anyway it looks good ur wife lets u hv that area

hoser147

tbone9597 said:
I am looking for suggestions from anyone on how I should program my scanners to maximize my scanning experience better. Here is a list of my scanners that I have to work with.
Radio Shack Pro-96
Radio Shack Pro- 2026
Uniden Bearcat BC178XLT
Uniden BC60XLT-1

Thank you in advance for your input and keep scanning.
Give us an idea of where you are and what you like to monitor? Hoser

tbone9597

Central NH

I live in Central NH just north of Concord, I like to monitor Police, Fire, Ems and some aircraft. And any thing else people suggest as good listening stuff in my area. Would I be able to pick up any military freq? If anyone has suggestions they are welcome. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.