RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Politics

Politics - Anarchists unite. Come argue how inefficient the political system is here

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-02-2017, 7:04 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Trumps win shook me to the core

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12dbsinad View Post
A Political protest? Really? Now with her crying and playing the "pity me" scenario. Crying that her career is over. Why, maybe I should send her a box of tissues.

She broke herself. She should have been working on improving her career, with good, tasteful comedy. To act out an ISIS atrocity is what finally broke her down. She has nobody to blame but herself.

I'm sorry to break with my friends on the Left here, but I never cared much for Kathy Griffin and now I think even less of her.

Indeed she has the right to political theater or protest, but I think this was just going too far. She didn't think about the consequences of her actions, it seems.

Whatever message she was trying to make was completely obfuscated by the severed head. Because many people on the Right did and continue to say horrible things and spread awful visual memes online about President Obama (and other Democrats) doesn't mean that we should stoop to their level.
Old 06-02-2017, 7:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimru View Post
I'm sorry to break with my friends on the Left here, but I never cared much for Kathy Griffin and now I think even less of her.

Indeed she has the right to political theater or protest, but I think this was just going too far. She didn't think about the consequences of her actions, it seems.

Whatever message she was trying to make was completely obfuscated by the severed head. Because many people on the Right did and continue to say horrible things and spread awful visual memes online about President Obama (and other Democrats) doesn't mean that we should stoop to their level.
Not breaking with my opinion Jimru, it did go too far. Way too far. Unfortunately the racist right was doing it for 8 years, and guys like 12dB, Highpockets (no surprise there), AC2OY et-al not once condemned it. Then you have guys like 12dB come in here like he is so high and mighty whining about that photo. It is true hipocracy. As to the name calling. AC2OY adds no value to these threads other than his constant vitrol, angry posts. He seems like a very angry little man. Nothing more than an Internet bully hiding behind a keyboard.

He will eventually be banned, we just have to wait.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk
Old 06-02-2017, 7:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayn1n32008 View Post
Not breaking with my opinion Jimru, it did go too far. Way too far. Unfortunately the racist right was doing it for 8 years, and guys like 12dB, Highpockets (no surprise there), AC2OY et-al not once condemned it. Then you have guys like 12dB come in here like he is so high and mighty whining about that photo. It is true hipocracy.
Again, where do you get that I didn't condemn it? Who is whining? You are a drama queen.

A non factual drama queen at that.
Old 06-02-2017, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimru View Post
No, it's not much of a break you're making. She went over the line, and will have to deal with the consequences. Here's my thoughts on it...

Kathy Griffin has always tried to push the envelope. Generally, I find her funny enough, but I don't go out of my way to watch, and none of my money has ever ended up in her bank account. I'm more inclined to pay to see Neil DeGrasse Tyson give a lecture. He's both funnier and smarter than she is.

I don't get my political direction from comedians, and it's usually best if they stick to what they know. But we DO have free speech here, and she IS entitled to cross the lines in the sand. Let the laws of economics dictate the consequences. If her fan base is turned off enough, it'll negatively impact her earnings. If not, it won't. The people will speak their minds with their wallets.

She made her political statement, and now is crying that the Trump's bullied her. I don't particularly doubt that they did, but to cry foul about it now is disingenuous, and it's only hurting her position. I'd have a modicum of more respect if she just said "There. I did it, I said it, that's how I feel. Get over it".

Where she's really doing us a disservice is the fact that she has unintentionally created a diversion for the Trumpettes. They will use her satirical misfire to draw attention away from the President, where our focus really needs to be.

For that, I wish she'd just sit down and shut up and let it blow over. She needs to back to what she's funny at, which is making fun of her mother's boxed wine, and being on the top of Hollywood's D list. Tip it!
Old 06-02-2017, 7:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2OY View Post
Kathy Griffin is liberal garbage and is being treated as such.
But... that's her schtick. That's her act. That's what she plays on TV and gets paid for it. She has never ever once, that I'm aware of, attempted to be a class act as part of her showbiz persona.

I get why the Trumpettes are upset with the imagery, but the fact that they're that upset just tells me that they're not considering the source.
Sponsored links
Old 06-02-2017, 7:40 PM

Quote:
Why, maybe I should send her a box of tissues.
That would be very thoughtful of you.

Quote:
She should have been working on improving her career, with good, tasteful comedy.
Her and Howard Stern, right?

Wrong. Tasteful comedy is not what either one of them does, and it's not what either of their fan bases want from them.

Quote:
She has nobody to blame but herself.
This is very true.
Old 06-02-2017, 7:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC2OY View Post
It's quotes like this that prove your a self entitled left wing douchebag.
Do you disagree, then, with the statement that all men were created equal?
Old 06-02-2017, 7:58 PM

Quote:
Again, where do you get that I didn't condemn it? Who is whining? You are a drama queen.

A non factual drama queen at that.
You never refuted the statement. THAT speaks volumes, you only say I'm claiming it.

Show me where you DID condemn the memes of hanging Obama and I will apologise.

Sent from my SM-G870W using Tapatalk
Old 06-02-2017, 8:16 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Since some of you can't act like adults we are done here.