RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Politics

Politics - Anarchists unite. Come argue how inefficient the political system is here

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2018, 12:54 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Politicians Jailed for Corruption

Reading material in other threads in this section there is a heck of alot of well so called he said she said corruption which got me thinking about starting and posting in a new thread Confirmed Politicians who Were and Are Sentenced to the Brigg and What For

I Was Buzzin Around the Justice Sites and found this Tid Bit im listing below--Its a Bit Long so im posting a short part of the Report and Linking the Rest

Lets Try to Stay on Track with Each Corrupt Post Answers and try Not to Derail the Subject Started Please it Just gets to Confusing to Figure out whats going on--Thanx

Well Lets Get Started Then..lol

U.S. Attorneys » Eastern District of New York » News

Department of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office
Eastern District of New York
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Former Brooklyn Assemblywoman Sentenced to Prison For Multiple Fraud Schemes and Witness Tampering

Pamela Harris Defrauded Government Agencies out of Tens of Thousands of Dollars and Obstructed Justice
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Former New York State Assemblywoman Pamela Harris was sentenced today by United States District Judge Jack B. Weinstein in federal court in Brooklyn to six months in prison and 400 hours of community service following her conviction for two counts of wire fraud, one count of disaster relief fraud and one count of witness tampering. As part of the sentence, the Court imposed restitution of $70,400 and forfeiture of $10,000. Harris was arrested on January 9, 2018, resigned from the New York State Assembly on April 2, 2018 and pleaded guilty on June 12, 2018.

Richard P. Donoghue, United States Attorney for the Eastern District of New York, William F. Sweeney, Jr., Assistant Director-in-Charge, Federal Bureau of Investigation, New York Field Office (FBI), and Mark G. Peters, Commissioner, New York City Department of Investigation (DOI), announced the sentence.

“With today’s sentence, Pamela Harris has been held responsible for stealing tens of thousands of dollars in government funds set aside for underserved children and funds allocated for victims of Hurricane Sandy, as well as lying and presenting fraudulent documents to the FBI when her crimes were uncovered,” stated United States Attorney Donoghue. “She committed these fraudulent acts both before and while she served as a New York State Assemblywoman in Brooklyn, betraying the trust placed in her by her constituents. This Office, together with our law enforcement partners, will continue to hold accountable corrupt public officials who act as if they are above the law.”

The Rest of the Report can be Found Here-->

https://www.justice.gov/usao-edny/pr...es-and-witness
Sponsored links
Old 11-11-2018, 12:31 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Yep a Slap on the Wrist--6 months in the Can which Means 4 with Good Time and 400 Hrs Community Serve with 80 Grand Pay Back a Drop in the Hat for Her
Old 11-12-2018, 12:13 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

OK No Takers---Well Here is Another A Couple of More in the Clink

Former U.S. Congressman Sentenced to 10 Years in Prison for Extensive Fraud, Tax, and Election Crimes Scheme

https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/forme...lection-crimes

Former City Of Plymouth Official Sentenced To 24 Months In Prison For Illegal Bribery And Kickback Scheme

https://www.justice.gov/usao-mn/pr/f...y-and-kickback
Old 11-12-2018, 3:02 PM

The list of political crooks is long from wikipedia, .

A search for (R) on the page returned 238 results. (D) returned 320. Not all were jailed.
Here are a few that were.

Ray Nagin (D) former Mayor of New Orleans
Randy Duke Cunningham (R) former US Congressman California
Kwame M. Kilpatrick (D) former Mayor of Detroit
Edwin W. Edwards (D) former US Congressman & 4x Governor Louisiana
Old 11-12-2018, 4:47 PM
KE4FHH
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

As time goes on, I think the number of Republicans will outnumber the Democrats that are jailed. Not because the Democrats aren't doing anything wrong, but I see it as the media turning a blind eye towards the Democrats and putting a microscope on everything the Republicans do, good or bad.
Old 11-12-2018, 5:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue161 View Post
As time goes on, I think the number of Republicans will outnumber the Democrats that are jailed. Not because the Democrats aren't doing anything wrong, but I see it as the media turning a blind eye towards the Democrats and putting a microscope on everything the Republicans do, good or bad.
If the media is putting a microscope on everything good and bad that Republicans are doing, wouldn't the good be noticed as well as the bad?

That leads to the question, though... What ARE the Republicans doing that's good, right now? They're mainly keeping quiet while Trump does his thing. They're not really doing much else, are they?

Hey, what do you think of his performance in Paris? Rained out... Kinda makes you proud , doesn't it.
Old 11-12-2018, 7:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz0468 View Post
Hey, what do you think of his performance in Paris? Rained out... Kinda makes you proud , doesn't it.

He was all smiles for his boss Putin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2018, 8:07 PM
Was: N1RGR

Quote:
If the media is putting a microscope on everything good and bad that Republicans are doing, wouldn't the good be noticed as well as the bad?
Good point. The liberal media is totally corrupt and bias to the core! The liberal media refuses to run any stories that give any credit to this President. They suppress the real news and only focus on their political propaganda.
Old 11-12-2018, 9:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar01 View Post
The liberal media is totally corrupt and bias to the core! The liberal media refuses to run any stories that give any credit to this President. They suppress the real news and only focus on their political propaganda.
What real news? Trump hasn't actually done much good at anything. You can go look at his actual twitter account to see all the stupid s**t he says. That's as real as it gets. You can go fact check what he says and find most of it is utter bulls**t. The press is actually quite fair with him. He does something stupid, and they report that he did something stupid. What the hell else do you want from a fair and free press?
Old 11-12-2018, 10:38 PM

Quote:
What real news? Trump hasn't actually done much good at anything. You can go look at his actual twitter account to see all the stupid s**t he says. That's as real as it gets. You can go fact check what he says and find most of it is utter bulls**t. The press is actually quite fair with him. He does something stupid, and they report that he did something stupid. What the hell else do you want from a fair and free press?
Yeah all that lowest unemployment stuff since 1969 is all Obamas doing.
You all have hijacked the mans thread...
Old 11-12-2018, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyC View Post
Yeah all that lowest unemployment stuff since 1969 is all Obamas doing.
Does Trump get credit for the 600 point DJIA drop today? Or does he only get credit when it goes up?
Old 11-12-2018, 11:11 PM

Quote:
What real news? Trump hasn't actually done much good at anything.
What about the things he's done to our vets? On trade? On jobs? On people's 401k's? On ISIS? On our depleted military? On and on...

Out of everything I'd say that your statement of Trump "hasn't actually done much good at anything" is highly inaccurate.
Old Yesterday, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12dbsinad View Post
What about the things he's done to our vets?
You mean like wimping out in rain?

Quote:
On trade?
Trade war with China?

Quote:
On jobs? On people's 401k's?
Dow down 600 points just today. Market getting unstable with investor jitters about trade war.

Quote:
On ISIS? On our depleted military? On and on...
Depleted military? Doesn't that go back to 2001?

Quote:
Out of everything I'd say that your statement of Trump "hasn't actually done much good at anything" is highly inaccurate.
I disagree. I think everything he's getting credit for is more than a little inflated. He's a remarkably mediocre president, and a spectacular AH.
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

OK OK some pretty funny stuff lol..Let Get Back on the Rails--I started this for talk and jabs on the sentencing opposed along with the fines and what you all think about the judges imposing these infractions on the recent corrupt politicians--We already have 3 threads on the Left and Right and no center

I was trying something a bit different and not follow the same other threads--I posted 2 cases so far so what do you think

as for post 1 the Charges and Fines were a joke and the Judge should have been tossed off the bench--I,ve seen weed charges with harsher sentences than what this bi**h got
Old Yesterday, 1:04 PM

Quote:
Does Trump get credit for the 600 point DJIA drop today? Or does he only get credit when it goes up?
Of course he does.
Old Yesterday, 9:10 PM

Quote:
You mean like wimping out in rain?
I mean like taking care of them when they need medical attention. Nobody gave a sh*# about them, republican or democrat until Trump.

Quote:
Trade war with China?
Stupid deals that sell out America. Unfair trade and things like NATO that's been going on for years. Nobody had the balls, until now.

Quote:
Dow down 600 points just today. Market getting unstable with investor jitters about trade war.
Of course things happen when you sever stupid deals. Have you looked at the steel production coming back to the states yet? It's pretty impressive. Remember "steel dumping", no more.

Quote:
Depleted military? Doesn't that go back to 2001?
Probably, but what does that have to do with Trump getting it back to what it should be? It's an accomplishment no matter how you look at it, that is if you believe in a strong military.

Quote:
I disagree. I think everything he's getting credit for is more than a little inflated. He's a remarkably mediocre president, and a spectacular AH.
He certainly has a lot going for him. I mean, let's look at Obama accomplishments

1) Put Tranny's in woman's bathrooms.
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
Old Yesterday, 9:30 PM

2) Started a war against law enforcement