Northern Virginia Incidents

freqhopping

There is some sort of major incident happening in Leesburg in the SE quadrant inside the bypass. Crime scene investigators are there and mentioned wanting to get prints from a stolen Jeep Cherokee. VSP is also there with their robot. LCSO is assisting with all the other calls in town.

Just got word from my step-dad that's been listening. Apparently some guy tried to hold up a store, possibly shot someone, then fled and claims to be holding hostages at a Davis or Valley View Ave address. One shot was fired at the residence at some point.

LPD reports via NBC that it started as an armed robbery of a jewelry store on E. Market St.

There is a new LPD TG in use. 2576

Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
There is some sort of major incident happening in Leesburg in the SE quadrant inside the bypass. Crime scene investigators are there and mentioned wanting to get prints from a stolen Jeep Cherokee. VSP is also there with their robot. LCSO is assisting with all the other calls in town.

Just got word from my step-dad that's been listening. Apparently some guy tried to hold up a store, possibly shot someone, then fled and claims to be holding hostages at a Davis or Valley View Ave address. One shot was fired at the residence at some point.

LPD reports via NBC that it started as an armed robbery of a jewelry store on E. Market St.

Subject robbed the jewelry store near the RT7 business split in Leesburg, shot at one employee then fled on foot and did something else to another person. One witness reported that he (or someone that met his description) got in a red sedan and left the area. K9s were called as well as a helo from Fairfax. Later there was a report or an office witnessed someone inside a house at 106 1/2 Royal Ave. As more units arrived, there was a report of shots fired. Police entered the house, which was empty but a gold Jeep Cherokee was stolen. Once the owners were contacted, they reported that there was 1/4 tank of gas and the vehicle had run flat tires. Shortly after, police found the stolen vehicle close the current incident on Valley Ave. Reports of hostages in the house. First, (I think) the suspect entered the garage to maybe steal another vehicle and probably noticed he was surrounded and attempted to enter the house. The residence tried to keep him from entering the house but he did anyway. There are firearms in the house (long rifle and shot gun). Fairfax 1 was airborne the whole time and assisted with the search. FFX1 then landed at Catoctin Elem. School. Command Post was then moved the field behind the school. At one point an office/deputy (again I think) entered in the garage and disabled the vehicle. At this time, LCSO, Leesburg PD and VSP are on scene and have the house surrounded complete with snipers and a camera equipped robot from VSP, SRT and armored vehicle from VSP and LCSO.

When they cleared the first house where the Jeep was stolen, they called for an ID Tech to go to the scene. Shortly after, an office advised the dispatcher that there will be a fax being sent from Sprint. I think they got prints from the house, IDed the suspect, pulled up criminal history and Sprint info and were attempted to track via his cell phone. They also reported that he was known to flee to DC and tends to call in with false 911 calls to move police away from him. While all of this was going on, there was a report of a robbery at another store. Not sure if this was related or not. Also, there were 2 accidents and an attempted suicide all in Leesburg. LCSO is handling non-emergency calls for Leesburg.

~1440 - suspect was agitated with the negotiator and hung up.
1728 - report that the suspect is ready to accept the throw phone. VSP will deliver to the front door.

I think the description is the same for the BB&T robbery that occurred on Monday.

From Loudoun Alerts:
On July 10, 2009 at approximately 11:27am, the Leesburg Police responded to an armed robbery which had just occurred at the Other Kind of Jewelry Store located at 120 East Market Street Suite B in Leesburg. Police Officers are searching for a black male armed with a handgun. The suspect fled on foot and is armed and considered dangerous. The incident is on-going. More information to follow.

1746 - Approaching house with throw phone. I think they were saying the throw phone is on an encrypted channel for their radios. They are also moving some comms to SERT1 (not sure what TG that is but I'll bet it's encrypted)

Last edited:

TPKeller2

There is a new LPD TG in use. 2576
This is getting some local press and blog coverage:

Loudoun Times

Shots Fired in Robbery in Town | LeesburgTalk

Theron

freqhopping

A CBP/DHS helicopter (N5204J) is in the area now. Fairfax-1 thinks it's a news helicopter. I don't even see Fairfax-1. It's landing at the school.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
2100 - Female hostage being released now.
2101 - Female hostage at 7-11 and safe.

A CBP/DHS helicopter (N5204J) is in the area now. Fairfax-1 thinks it's a news helicopter. I don't even see Fairfax-1. It's landing at the school.

I like how FFX1 said he was going to work work with air traffic control to get the "news" chopper out of there. :) I think Customs would win.

Last edited:

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
This is getting some local press and blog coverage:

Loudoun Times

Shots Fired in Robbery in Town | LeesburgTalk

Theron

Funny how some of those people posted wanting to know more and where to get it. I followed it all (excepted for phone calls and encrypted traffic) on the scanner since the whole thing started. I actually had to go into Leesburg during all of this for work and it was a little weird. I knew there was an armed crazy out there running around stealing cars and as I drove in there were so many clueless people on cellphones driving and laughing. I felt a little funny.

2148 - suspect unloaded gun on a table and instructed to exit the house with hands up.
2152 - male hostage is OK.
2200 - suspect in custody and en route to Leesburg PD headquarters.

Loudoun Alerts:

The suspect involved in an armed robbery and barricade/hostage situation in the Town of Leesburg has surrendered to authorities. The two hostages were released and are being medically evaluated at this time but are considered in good condition.

The suspect is now in the custody of the Leesburg Police Department and he is facing multiple felony charges.

Units are currently clearing the scene and residents who were displaced from their homes during this time will be allowed to return in approximately 30 minutes.

Last edited:

TPKeller2

Man I really hate a newspaper (or any web site that publishes "current" information) that deletes old links. The link I posted earlier is just gone "poof" now. :mad:

Who knows how long this one will stick around...

Loudoun Times

Theron

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
Loudoun - Accident into Creek

Happened about 13:30 today. Apparently there was a BOLO for a DUI. Shortly after, the accident was reported and the description matched the DUI. Person was entrapped and in the water. At last report before they were loading the person into the helo, he was turning blue and wasn't doing too well. I was at the school working and caught the attached pics with my BlackBerry. I walked out and looked up...it was right there.

Last edited:

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Fairfax Co. Metro incident

I'm hearing an incident involving Metrorail on Fairfax County 4E, talk of cutting 3rd rail power to track 2, command post has been established, a police liaison and so forth. It doesn't sound like a drill, and with Metro's recent troubles I can believe anything at this point. It sounds like it's around the West Falls Church Metro station.

The McLean Relay Station is having poor reception of the Fairfax trunked system today and I just started monitoring so that is all I have at this point. Just a heads-up in case this is not a drill.

McLean Relay Station Shoutcast feed

adamleff

I'm hearing an incident involving Metrorail on Fairfax County 4E, talk of cutting 3rd rail power to track 2, command post has been established, a police liaison and so forth. It doesn't sound like a drill, and with Metro's recent troubles I can believe anything at this point. It sounds like it's around the West Falls Church Metro station.

From the WMATA alerts (via Alert Loudoun):

Disruption at West Falls Church-VT/UVA in both directions. Expect delays in both directions due to a report of a person struck by a train at West Falls Church-VT/UVA station.

KI4IHC

Premium Subscriber

The McLean Relay Station is having poor reception of the Fairfax trunked system today and I just started monitoring so that is all I have at this point. Just a heads-up in case this is not a drill.

It was a New Carrolton-bound train. Fairfax fire arrived and found him under one of the cars. Pronounced him pretty quick, and are turning the scene over to Metro PD now.
Fairfax PD dispatched it as "subject jumped in front of a train"

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber

no drill

"Fairfax County reports: Delays on Metro Orange Line

Description:

Expect delays in both directions on Metrorail's Orange Line due to the report of an accident at West Falls Church station. Orange Line train service continues in both directions.

Sent to Fairfax County Traffic - Traffic/Road Closures (E-mail accounts, Pagers, Cell phones) through Alert Loudoun
... powered by the Roam Secure Alert Network"

Man Struck by Metro at
West Falls Church
Updated: Wednesday, 12 Aug 2009, 1:16 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 12 Aug 2009, 12:26 PM EDT

WEST FALLS CHURCH, Va. - LINK: METRO

Emergency personnel are on the scene at West Falls Church-VT/UVA Metrorail station where a man was fatally struck by a train today, Wednesday, August 12, at 11:18 a.m.

Preliminary reports indicate that a six-car Orange Line train headed in the direction of New Carrollton struck a male customer who was on the tracks intentionally as the train pulled into the station.

Trains are sharing one track through the station to allow train service to pass through the area. This is likely to result in delays of up to 30 minutes in the area of the incident as well as some other delays along the Orange Line until mid-afternoon.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/virginia/081209_man_struck_by_metro_at_west_falls_church

Last edited:

freqhopping

About ago hour ago I heard a call reporting a possible body in Goose Creek. Now hearing all the LCSO investigator units reporting to the scene. The units are going to Perdido Bay Terrace. This is a gated community and a golf course is along the creek and river here. This is the area of Goose Creek just before it flows into the Potomac River.

beastieboy101

SWAT Situation in PWC

There is a callout for SWAT in PWC in Dale Forest Apartments. This has been going on since about 1000.
There is 1 male in an apartment near a window with a gun in wasteband. I didn't catch the beginning but it sounded like they were searching the apartment complex.
OPS are on PWC TRS East 1.

1125- SWAT is meeting on a nearby street.

Last edited: