bcd346t and opp in kitchener

Status
Not open for further replies.

wetsqueegee

Premium Subscriber
hello all, well i feel like an idiot, and step 2 is to get help... i just bought a 346t scanner and can't seem to get opp to work on it, i've tried using freescan with RR membership, it should be just importing and thats it right? i seem to get public safety no problem, but dead silence when it come to opp or anything on bell fleetnet for that matter. oh and i tried guelph,stratford,and cedarwoods(kitchener). please help me
thank you

torontokris

Premium Subscriber
OPP are digital, the 346 is an analog only scanner.
You won't get OPP on it.

You'll need something like the 396T 396XT

For now you can program in the conventional opp freqs some include vehicle repeaters. They are in analog so you hear them for at least some local action (cars within a mile or two).

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
hello all, well i feel like an idiot, and step 2 is to get help... i just bought a 346t scanner and can't seem to get opp to work on it, i've tried using freescan with RR membership, it should be just importing and thats it right? i seem to get public safety no problem, but dead silence when it come to opp or anything on bell fleetnet for that matter. oh and i tried guelph,stratford,and cedarwoods(kitchener). please help me
thank you

As Kris mentioned you cannot dear digital transmissions on your scanner and the OPP are digital however I am guessing that a few of the conventional frequencies you can hear action if the units are close to you and especially if you have a decent antenna. You will only digital noise on the OPP talkgroups.

Are you having problems hearing anything? You should be able to use your 346 to scan analog comms off your area towers.
The first thing is to see if you can acquire a control channel signal, secondly you have to enter in the band plans for each and every tower, otherwise it wont work.

wetsqueegee

Premium Subscriber
sorry i mispelled the model i have the bcd396T, and i think i might of found the problem turns out my house is a digital dead zone, i went outside and BAM!!!! opp wouldn't shut up lol

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
sorry i mispelled the model i have the bcd396T, and i think i might of found the problem turns out my house is a digital dead zone, i went outside and BAM!!!! opp wouldn't shut up lol

Nor are they going to shut up, you will hear more people not renewing their licences, people with past convitions and the numbers 253 more than you can imagine.

Glad you got it working, the stock antenna doesnt do your radio justice especially to monitor Cedarwoods, I would suggest an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.