Radio hum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daz1

My feed has a hum on it, when I have it disconnected from the computer and just listening to the scanner there is no hum but make the connection to the computer and I pick up a hum. Is there a filter that can be bought from radio shack or online that anyone may know about that could be place inline between the scanner and the computer?

texasemt13

CenTex DBA
Premium Subscriber
You're probably looking for one of these from Radio Shack. They solved my hum (I believe it's a 60Hz hum from AC current). I thought there was a Wiki article here on RR about this but I can't locate it.

Bullmax

You're probably looking for one of these from Radio Shack. They solved my hum (I believe it's a 60Hz hum from AC current). I thought there was a Wiki article here on RR about this but I can't locate it.

How would you install one of these with RCA connectors like that?

MaxMan1986

How would you install one of these with RCA connectors like that?

I'm almost positive that I've seen isolators with 1/8" connectors, although I just did a quick Google search and got no results. Can anyone provide a link to one?

Alternatively, you could purchase an RCA to 1/8" adapter.

feedus

Premium Subscriber
I purchased an Isolator from Radio Shack #270-054 and 2 Y adapters 1/8(male) to RCA(Female) These work GREAT. Just follow the directions on the WIKI and you will be fine. On another note I've had to purchase a total of 3 isolators from Radio Shack since 2 were bad and didnt work at all. I also found that my connection in the computer was loose so I had to open the computer (desktop) and tighten it. I know that my BC785D has a problem in the audio out but I cant seem to find it. But all the parts are listed in the WIKI and buy exactly what its to get dont deviate from the parts list (I did and it doesnt work) Now my audio is clear and the Hum is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.