Stamford Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbear14

Then your not listening to Stamford Fire . The VHF is still down. You might be recieving Meridan Fire .

Dave520

Premium Subscriber
Maybe he heard one of the volunteer stations rebroadcasting a call. Most of them have their own license on the VHF frequency.

Cskib32087

Called a friend that dispatches in bridgeport and they hear it 154.130 PL 203.5 and he said it only went off the air for about 3 hours while the PL was changed because they were walking over someone else.
It would be weird if it was off line, thats how they alert the medics 24/7

Cskib32087

OK Just put hem in 154.130 PL 203.5 and LOUD AND CLEAR in shelton Engine 8, 9, truck 1 & turn of river to a fire alarm. Its not cross patched with the 800 but they still dispatch over it.

cbear14

Thank you .Can here them, w/new PL203.5.Why did they change? Who were they walking on? Or being walked on?

Cskib32087

The app shows they are changing it from an FB to an FB2 so it can be a repeater.
No input freq and no mobile units listed so im thinking they are going to use it to patch the 800 on it so you can hear the units.
Funny that the Volllys wanted this but they are the ones who turned the City into the FCC for doing it on the original licence, I know they got shafted but try not to burn to many bridges LOL

izzyj4

Premium Subscriber
I tell you, Stamford has been coming in 5-by-5 as of late up here in the Naugy Valley. Where is the 154.13 tower at?

Cskib32087

They can TX off down town or the new 200 foot tower at the golf club...sterling farms I think it is. I think they use that site mostly

FrankM

Premium Subscriber
I am going to be out that way in June and am wondering if Stamford is still encrypted once they are dispatched ?

KB1JHU

I am going to be out that way in June and am wondering if Stamford is still encrypted once they are dispatched ?

Police, Fire, and EMS talkgroups on the TRS are all encrypted. The Fire/EMS dispatch simulcast on 154.130 seems to still be up. You can also hear EMS activity on Southwest Med 5 (463.100, PL 123.0) where Stamford units sign on as 20x units.

Cskib32087

Sounds like the cross patch is back up now that they got FB2. You can hear the units and dispatch

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
Additional Question regarding Stamford VHF frequencies

I am working on updating the database info for Stamford and had a question regarding the frequency 154.325 MHz. I noticed that it is licensed to the Turn of River FD, Long Ridge Fire Company, Belltown Fire Department and the Glenbrook Fire Department. Is this used as a fireground channel or is it be the input to 154.1300 since I know that 154.1300 MHz is the Dispatch simulcast of the Stamford TRS. Do the Volunteers use the same radios as the Career personnel?

KCA290
155.09250000 (MO) ??
155.81250000 (MO) ??

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
If the FCC database shows 154.13 as a FB2, and there is no obvious input freq, then my guess is that the 800 Mhz patch is the "input" to the 154.13 "repeater". I think I have noticed this type of FB2 listing for other communities. Technically, the FCC regulations might say that a FB2 is a station that automatically rebroadcasts radio traffic, but the FCC regulations might not mandate that the input be a specific radio frequency nor in a specific radio band. Peter Sz

Lynch_Christopher

Database Admin
If the FCC database shows 154.13 as a FB2, and there is no obvious input freq, then my guess is that the 800 Mhz patch is the "input" to the 154.13 "repeater". I think I have noticed this type of FB2 listing for other communities. Technically, the FCC regulations might say that a FB2 is a station that automatically rebroadcasts radio traffic, but the FCC regulations might not mandate that the input be a specific radio frequency nor in a specific radio band. Peter Sz

That makes sense to have the 800 MHz frequency act as the input to the 154.130. After talking to someone familiar with the radio system in Stamford it appears that the 154.325 MHz acts a backup frequency for the volunteer departments. The frequencies 155.09250 and 155.81250 were apparently used by the Turn of River Fire Police but aren't used much anymore.

backingit

Premium Subscriber
Sounds like trouble

Updated: Wednesday, 12 May 2010, 4:05 PM EDT
Published : Wednesday, 12 May 2010, 4:05 PM EDT

Annie Rourke
Stamford, Conn. (WTNH) - Firefighters in Stamford aren't just battling flames, they're fighting each other.

An emergency call came in to the Long Ridge Fire Company, a volunteer department, 8:30 Monday night. At 8:53pm, before any of the firefighters were on scene, other units were turned back at the order of Long Ridge's assistant chief.

News 8 obtained a copy of the recording.

Asst. Chief Ralph Nau: 7-12 to dispatch, thank you very much, cancel all units except Long Ridge to this call.
Dispatch: You on scene, sir?
Nau: Negative, we have enough guys. Cancel everybody but Long Ridge.

But several minutes later, after the Nau arrived on scene, he put out a call for assistance.

Dispatch: Dispatch to 7-12.
Nau: On the scene.
Dispatch: Okay, would you like me to start out the city units again?
Nau: Yeah, put 'em back out.

By the time more help arrived, the fire had spread from the chimney to the second floor and the roof.

"Our units got there probably 20 minutes after the call came in, which is just too much time," said Capt. John Sierra, Stamford Fire Department.

Sierra says this is not the first time they've been turned around. "That's their practice and we cannot tell them how to operate their units," he said.

He says public safety should always come first and now he's calling on the mayor to hold a public hearing. "The taxpayers of this town do not know what's going on, they have a right to know how we respond to any emergency."

The home that night was declared a total loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.