OddCast V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhitmanFire

Feed Provider
I had a computer issue which required me to change computers for my live feed. When I downloaded oddcast v3 is does not have mp3 as an encoder. only some weird named thing. It connects fine but my blackberry can't listen because whatever the software is doesn't support it. I've looked for the oddcast that supports mp3 but can't find any,

Simply i need a link to OddCastV3 that supports other encoders than the no nome ones. My old computer had MP3 as an encoder with Oddcastv3

thanks,

SCPD

QRT
What is the diffrence between oddcast and scanner cast i have windows vista and a 1.7ghz 3gb memory.

Now i use a sprint wirless card so depending on tower issues i can run fast or in between dial up and dsl speed.

Oddcast seems to work well or would scanner cast work better.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Its just built better.

I would say its a lot better. Try it out and see how you like it, i dont think you'll be disappointed. Peter puts some hard work in his software.

Last edited:

Tweekerbob

If I recall, MP3 is not standard with most software due to licensing issues. You have to download the latest "lame.dll" (google it) and install it in the same directory (folder) as Oddcast. Then you will have MP3 capability.
I think the weird name is Ogg Vorbis or ogg for short. A good codec, but not nearly as universal as MP3. Not familiar with the Blackberry, so I guess it might be hard to find an app that will play Ogg.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Well i have scanercast up and running and let me tell you my cpu runs faster and the audio does not break up like it did on oddcast.

The software is great real easy to get it up and running.

Status
Not open for further replies.