Coming Soon, Premium Feed Broadcaster Offering

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerry092975

Hi everyone iv got a question people that already that have a feed broadcasting on RR will that stay the same or will we just get kicked off the air once this takes off if so i guess alot of people will be MAD .

?? My Premium Account Status ??

?
InlineSuccess.gif
Active -Feed Provider Complementary Subscription

Last edited:

jerry092975

Let's see if we can help you clear this up.

The feed provider pays 14.95/per month for each feed they want premium feed features for. Since all feed providers get a premium subscription to the site, premium subscriber status is irrelevant. In effect, a premium feed broadcaster is a premium subscriber since all feed broadcasters get a free premium subscription.

No, when a feed becomes premium, the broadcaster has the following options available

Availability options allow you to specify whether your feed is shown to the RadioReference community.
- Publicly Available
- Private

Access options allow you to specify who is allowed to access your feed.
- Everyone
- Only RadioReference.com Registered Members (login required)
- Only specific users defined by the broadcaster (login required)

That actually hasn't been determined yet, and I haven't given it thought. Although I suspect that our decision will be that premium feeds will not be subject to the listener incentives since a majority of the premium broadcasters will be using our services for commercial reasons. Our team will need to make a decision on this and clarify this policy.

The trimmed audio feature is an option for premium feeds.
ok i got it now...thanks

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks, a quick update on the premium feed broadcaster beta... things are going well, and we're fixing bugs and working out the final kinks before our first general release of the features.

It shouldn't be long now....

I am heading out on a business trip for the next 3 days, but we'll be back on track next week and should have this released to the public soon.

Thanks!

jmsanders83

KC8JSU
Premium Subscriber
Lindsay,

First off, you truly have made this hobby much easier and more enjoyable than what it was only a short time ago. RR is easily the best source of data for all things monitoring related. You certainly deserve some financial gain for your contributions and hard work.

I host three of the Cincinnati, Ohio feeds. I paid for 'RR Premium Access' before that charge went away as feed providers were given free premium access upon the acquisition of SA. Thanks for that too by the way!

In short, I find $14.95/month per feed for this service a tad bit excessive. I'm hoping that you have some other financial model in mind for feed providers that contribute multiple feeds to the site. I realize that you know more than I do regarding the point at which you lose money, break even, or make profit on the investment; but as an outsider to that information, it just seems high.

Please take this not so much as a complaint, but rather a hopeful request.

Thanks. Take care.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Thanks for the feedback.

Keep in mind that the premium broadcaster offering isn't targeted to the hobbyist community (although they are more than welcome to subscribe) - it is targeted to the professional and public safety market.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks for clarifying that Lindsay. I missed the part about it being catered to Professionals and Public Safety. Just like jmsanders, I feed multiple feeds to Radio Reference, and paying $14.95 per month each isn't going to happen - at least for me.

Stick0413

Premium Subscriber
Been a little while now since the last update so I'll go ahead and ask... Any updates on this?

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
We're close - right now we working through the beta test, feedback from the participants, and some final integration issues. We want to do it right, and we are almost there.

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
Yes, you will have the ability to choose whether or not your feed is available to third parties, the RadioReference audience, the general public, or a combination. You'll also have the ability to set up a completely private feed available for only certain individuals.[/QUOTE]

So we could block it from what say, Scanner Radio and make them pay us to broadcast it? :D

Skud

Feed Provider
Lindsay,

First off, you truly have made this hobby much easier and more enjoyable than what it was only a short time ago. RR is easily the best source of data for all things monitoring related. You certainly deserve some financial gain for your contributions and hard work.

I host three of the Cincinnati, Ohio feeds. I paid for 'RR Premium Access' before that charge went away as feed providers were given free premium access upon the acquisition of SA. Thanks for that too by the way!

In short, I find $14.95/month per feed for this service a tad bit excessive. I'm hoping that you have some other financial model in mind for feed providers that contribute multiple feeds to the site. I realize that you know more than I do regarding the point at which you lose money, break even, or make profit on the investment; but as an outsider to that information, it just seems high.

Please take this not so much as a complaint, but rather a hopeful request.

Thanks. Take care.

Would be nice to have the price go down for every website or service like Scanner Radio that pulls our stream.

Skud

Feed Provider
This missed the point of what i said and the talk about the private feeds was not that i am scared that any thing will happen other then this adventure with the premium service for feed providers wont have a good effect on feed providers or software that uses the feeds also that if no one buys this and the point is to make money in reality the next step would be to remove free feeds so that the only way to have a feed is to purchase the space! you only looked at one side of what i said not the hole point

Like I have posted, services like Scanner Radio and others do pay a fee to RR to re-broadcast the feeds, even our fee ones, so RR does make money, even from the free feeds we do.

Last edited:

Skud

Feed Provider
Folks, I am excited to announce that in early June we will release a premium feed broadcaster offering. This is primarily intended for public safety agencies and commercial entities, however any feed broadcaster could upgrade their feed. The features include:

1) 90 day archive retention
2) Ability to automatically trim dead air from archives
3) Brand free set of Web players
4) No ads on your Web players or feeds
5) User defined lead-in audio feature
6) Private Feed support with delegated administration (you can restrict access to your feed to only users that you specify)
7) Complete access to all mount points and server details - do what you want with your feed, anywhere, anytime.
8) Full archive access via API to display archive files and lists on your sites/systems.
9) Full downloadable statistics

Our current offerings will not change, and you reserve the right to switch between being a normal RR feed broadcaster or a premium broadcaster at any time.

The cost for this offering will be $14.95/month per feed.

Look for more details coming soon, including the release date.

Warm regards,

Price does seem a little high. If I only want to put a lead in of my own and maybe the dead air out, $15 seems a little high. Maybe a tier system. If I don't need certain items, the price would go down, and a discount for multiple feeds.

From what I read, can I deny other services like Police scanner and even RR from broadcasting my feed with the $15 fee so people have to go to my website? If not it is high to spend $15 and you guys also get money from other services.

I do like the lead it and removing dead air as right now I do not do alpha tags because I have a program that records and takes out the dead air(IDtracker) but then I can't do alpha tags to RR. So if I did the service above, people listening would see tags, but $15?

APSN556

Premium Subscriber
Been a couple months since we heard anything official on this. Is there an update available? I'm pretty excited about this!

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
We've identified some minor technical problems with some of the premium feed features. I'm not comfortable with us releasing to the public yet until we get those resolved. Additionally, since we are in our busiest part of the season for the site, we're making as few changes as possible until the new year.

We'll get there eventually...

LACoFD

Feed Provider
Thanks for the feedback.

Keep in mind that the premium broadcaster offering isn't targeted to the hobbyist community (although they are more than welcome to subscribe) - it is targeted to the professional and public safety market.

I don't see many companies using this feature if they have multible feeds. For example I currently have 6 feeds with an additional 4 feeds coming. 10 feeds at 14/feed 140.00/month (rounded down) we could use that same money for a dedicated server to do the same and more especially if we plan on private access.

So I hope it works out for you.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Exactly.
I run at minimum 12 feeds on my VPS right now. I used to run them out of my house, but wanted some added features of a datacenter (they own the hardware, 2nd source of power, multiple data connections). I pay $50 a month and I can archive my own streams, make them avalable for downloads (or restrict them based on my website's user class), and restrict access to the feeds all together.

It all comes down to one's personal preference. Some go by the school of why pay someone if I can do it myself - and others feel why should they do it themselves when they can just pay someone to do it for them.

SCPD

QRT
My perspective of doing it myself would be each connection would take bandwidth. It might be cheap, but if you have a feed like mine where you have 30-100 listeners at ANY given time then it won't be worth the bandwidth!

loco-lee

Folks, a quick update on the premium feed broadcaster beta... things are going well, and we're fixing bugs and working out the final kinks before our first general release of the features.

It shouldn't be long now....

I am heading out on a business trip for the next 3 days, but we'll be back on track next week and should have this released to the public soon.

Thanks!

Sir:

Can we get a new target date please!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.