Setting up Washtenaw County digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

firetaz834

Well, I'm setting up my new christmas present and having issues that I need some assistance with. I received a RS Pro-197 and set up my control channel and also setup a talkgroup for Washtenaw county that includes:

HVA Dispatch
AAPD Dispatch

Have added other frequencies. But here is the problem, after programming the frequencies was not receiving anything, went back and checked and saw that the software I'm using (ARC500) had added a wildcard item but had not associated with the scanlist that I had placed my talkgroup in. Also, it associated the TType as "group". Once I assoicated it with the scanlist I was using, I started picking up alot of traffic. The problem that I'm having is that it will pickup traffic and show me the talkgroup ID's of items I alrady have programmed and won't bring those items up directly. If I changed the wildcard to a TType of private, I would pick up nothing.

Can anyone shed any light on what I'm doing wrong?

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
Well, I'm setting up my new christmas present and having issues that I need some assistance with. I received a RS Pro-197 and set up my control channel and also setup a talkgroup for Washtenaw county that includes:

HVA Dispatch
AAPD Dispatch

Have added other frequencies. But here is the problem, after programming the frequencies was not receiving anything, went back and checked and saw that the software I'm using (ARC500) had added a wildcard item but had not associated with the scanlist that I had placed my talkgroup in. Also, it associated the TType as "group". Once I assoicated it with the scanlist I was using, I started picking up alot of traffic. The problem that I'm having is that it will pickup traffic and show me the talkgroup ID's of items I alrady have programmed and won't bring those items up directly. If I changed the wildcard to a TType of private, I would pick up nothing.

Can anyone shed any light on what I'm doing wrong?

Hello
If I read this correctly you only want to hear the 2 talkgroups correct? If so then all you need programmed in the radio is the CC 855.2875 and 866.450 and for the talkgroups HVA Disp. 2237 and AAPD 2191, lock out the wildcard talkgroup..If you have the wildcard talkgroup active you will hear all talkgroups on the system..Hope this helps..

firetaz834

Hello
If I read this correctly you only want to hear the 2 talkgroups correct? If so then all you need programmed in the radio is the CC 855.2875 and 866.450 and for the talkgroups HVA Disp. 2237 and AAPD 2191, lock out the wildcard talkgroup..If you have the wildcard talkgroup active you will hear all talkgroups on the system..Hope this helps..

Dan,

The listed talkgroups were put out as too two of some that I want to monitor. The problem I was having was with just about any talkgroup that I wanted to listen too, this was putting in the frequencies that would cover Washtenaw County for the transition from the TRS to Digital.

I had entered the the frequencies you had given me along with a couple others that I had read the Washtenaw channels would be heard on. I did not disable the wildcard talgroup, but had it set to private because that is the way it was setup for the Livingston County talkgroups that I listen to. Originally, it would not pick up anything at all, then when I set the wildcard talkgroup to "group" it started picking up everything including the "kitchen sink" . But, the iritating thing was that for objects that I already had programmed such as HVA, it would pickup the talkgroup just as the object ID and not stopping on the object I had entered for HVA.

Then, I would save the object by pressing F3 on the scanner and then download it back to my software and then modify what I had just saved, then it would start to pickup on that object.

Any idea of what I am doing wrong?

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
I had entered the the frequencies you had given me along with a couple others that I had read the Washtenaw channels would be heard on.

Hello
What other frequency's did you enter? To listen to the new digital system you need only the 2 frequency's set to P25 auto in one scanlist..The old analog system would be another scanlist TSYS MOT 800/900 855.1875, 855.0875, 854.1875, 854.0875..

firetaz834

Hello
What other frequency's did you enter? To listen to the new digital system you need only the 2 frequency's set to P25 auto in one scanlist..The old analog system would be another scanlist TSYS MOT 800/900 855.1875, 855.0875, 854.1875, 854.0875..

I had been told that Washtenaw County digital would be heard on the holly tower so I entered 868.925, 868.425, and 868.9125. Am, I doing it wrong in the programming?

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber
I had been told that Washtenaw County digital would be heard on the holly tower so I entered 868.925, 868.425, and 868.9125. Am, I doing it wrong in the programming?

The new Washtenaw Co digital system is a multi-site simulcast system, the frequency's for the system are 855.2875 control channel and 866.450..Most likely you will not hear them on the holly tower, put these 2 frequency's in a scanlist with the talkgroups you want to hear..Feel free to send me an email if you need more help..

N8LOL

Feed Provider
Hey Dan, this is your long-lost Uncle Mike...I'm hoping you might be able to help me with a question re: Pro-197. I have it programmed, ARC 500 made it pretty easy, and I only have Washtenaw, Jackson, and Wayne Counties programmed. I seem to be picking up most everything, however I'm not sure I've heard any U of M transmissions. Are they on the APCO statewide? I know I'm not receiving them on the "old" 800 system, just don't know if I have to enter some different talkgroup numbers, or what? Any help you could lend would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike

KD8FSJ

Premium Subscriber
Hey Dan, this is your long-lost Uncle Mike...I'm hoping you might be able to help me with a question re: Pro-197. I have it programmed, ARC 500 made it pretty easy, and I only have Washtenaw, Jackson, and Wayne Counties programmed. I seem to be picking up most everything, however I'm not sure I've heard any U of M transmissions. Are they on the APCO statewide? I know I'm not receiving them on the "old" 800 system, just don't know if I have to enter some different talkgroup numbers, or what? Any help you could lend would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike

UofM is still on their old system University of Michigan Trunking System, Ann Arbor, Michigan - Scanner Frequencies it's unclear when or if they will go to the Statewide system.

Paul

N8DRC

Premium Subscriber

Hey what's up Uncle Mike? I would more than happy to help out, as Paul mentioned U of M are on their own 800 analog system..Send me an email and we will get you up and running...

Status
Not open for further replies.