Pri ch for Seattle Simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

louisik1

Feed Provider
The primary control channel for the Seattle Simulcast site appears to have stopped transmitting. 868.17500 is what I've used for quite awhile now, but it went poof. I switched to the backup control channel and it seems to be working.

Anyone know what happened?

Off topic, are the Google maps for each transmitter site for the King County supposed to show a different location? Seattle Simulcast shows the same map as Apple Cove, and the rest are the same. Seattle-King County Public Safety Trunking System, Seattle, Washington - Scanner Frequencies

Stavro35

I live in the Winslow area of Bainbridge island. And there are times when I can't hear Seattle very well at all. I am not sure if it's my location or the control channel being used or both? I will look at my radios and see if I have that frequency.

DickH

Anyone know what happened?

Some systems change control channels dayly, some almost never. That's why you should always put in all the control channels for each site you monitor. Motorola systems commonly use 4 freqs. for control channels.

louisik1

Feed Provider
Nod. The primary control channel came back a day or two later. But yeah, in the two years or so that I've been listening, I've never seen that happen. Lesson learned. :)

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.